Wellgo Spark M3 Older Pedals

Wellgo Spark M3 Older Pedals

• New retention mechanism*
  • Easier cleat engagement thanks to wider front port
  • Lightweight forged alloy body
  • Hollow, conical shaped Cr-Mo axle with sealed bearings
  • Adjustable retention tension with X??° of lateral float, thus reducing risk of knee injury
  • SPD compatible, but not with Shimano SH51 cleats

• USER REVIEWS

[Oct 25, 2005]
    Greg

Strength:

The sturdiness, looks

None so far

However I am using this on my road bike, so im not putting these pedals through the torture you mountain bikers are doing.But these pedals work just great for the money....Dint like them at first the were kind of hard to clip into, but once I have gotten use to them they work like a champ......Best 25 dollars i have spent..

shimano

[Feb 23, 2002]
    bigcat

Strength:

Low price, lightweight

These were my first set of clipless pedals so I don't know what to expect, but the learning curve was very easy for me. It only took about half an hour of stop and riding for me to become accustomed to the clipless action.

The construction of the unit is high quality with chromoly hardware weighing at exactly 300g on my scale. That's quite a bang for the buck on the weight saving ratio. There's also a titanium version that weighs about 60g less but I'm sure it costs more. Good value overall nonetheless.

[Jan 19, 2006]
    Clyde Leonard

Strength:

Cheap,Looks Good,Cheap!

None so far.

You can't bet wellgo M-3 because of the price!

First pair of these type of pedals.I'm old school(toe clips).

[Jul 17, 2002]
    Aleksandar Filipovik

Strength:

light, cheap

cleats

easy to get in and out. reliable. but the cleat-screws included are too soft and too short (for my schimano m-220 shoes). before mounting the cleats, find better screws if you don't want to waste your time and shoes. these are my first spds anyway.

[Sep 30, 2002]
    Z

Strength:

cheap, low maintainance, easy to clip in/out, sheds mud

low quality metal used in its construction causes structural failure.

These pedals worked fine for 2 years. However, they broke today on a routine ride. The front clip that clamped the cleat sheared off. This no doubt was due to the low grade of metal used in its construction. This certainly could have caused an accident as my right foot suddenly became unclipped.

I am going to stay away from this product no matter how cheap it might be.

Shimano

[Jun 12, 2002]
    ERIC WEIGAND

Strength:

Inexpensive, build quality, easy to use

None so far

Seem to be awesome for the price. I'm the last guy in the world to go clipless and I wish I'd done it a long time ago. Light weight for cro-mo. Easy to install and use. Learning curve was a few minutes. Ready to go right outta the box; you may have to tinker with it a little at the worst. If I can use it, anyone can...

clips

[Jun 27, 2002]
    Tim

Strength:

The pedals were very cheap and pretty light. They came in a package deal with some shimano mountain shoes.

Difficult to get in and out of these pedals.

The first 2 1/2 months I used these pedals just biking on the road. Fell over a couple times becuase I couldn't get out of the pedals. Not a big deal. Learned pretty quickly how to plan ahead and get out.

However, as soon as I took them out on the first mountain trail, I realized that the extra second or two it takes to eject might kill me or break my leg. I am switching to some Shimano M959's.

If your a beginner and NOT going to get yourself on any really technical trails, this is a good value.

If you will be riding ANY technical stuff, spend extra money!

Clips

[Jul 10, 2002]
    will

Strength:

simple,great price,strong

none so far

these are the first clipless pedals ive used for a long time my others left with my old bike.they have improved my normal ride by 1/2 hour and have been great,ive smashed them on rocks countless times (which destroyed my chainrings) but they still work as well as they ever did.my only problem has been mud getting stuck in my cleats but the actual pedals shed it perfectly.
    if your a racer i wouldntrecomend these because of the weight issue but if your a normal rider who rides almost every day i would.

toe clips,smimano middle of the line somethin or others

[Jun 28, 2002]
    Scott

Strength:

Reasonably well made. Works as it is supposed to. Durable. Double sided. COST!

Weight? Typical SPD faults (mud performance etc).

After reading many reviews, taking the clipless plunge 1/2 way with the 545's, I settled on the Wellgo M3. This has got to be the best SPD value going. The guy below must not have had his pedals adjusted correctly, because mine are a cinch to get into and out of. If you want flash, look elsewhere. If you want good quality pedals that do the job well at a good price, you cant go wrong with this pedal.

10 Cumulative flaming turds.

Shimano M545 (SPD + platform). Platforms w/ toe clips.