Wellgo Alien B37 Older Pedals

Set them free! Ideal for free style, trial and BMX

• Large surface pedals with a concave shape to offer maximal traction without the restrictions of a retention mechanism
  • Shock resistant CNC light alloy body
  • Replaceable traction pins
  • Cr-Mo axle with sealed bearings
  • Enclosed end cap for added durability

• User Reviews (8)

paddywhacka   Downhiller [May 16, 2011]
    Strength:

Durability, longevity, sweetness

can't seem to get rid of them

Had these on my Brodie since I bought the bike used-- 5 years ago. They are one of the few original parts (not necessarily OEM ?) left on this bike. Never had grip issues and they take a pounding. Never replaced bearing after 5 years of aggressive and frequent riding (DH/FR & the occasional uphill for fun). Only lost a few pins over this time frame. Trying to find a similar pair for my Trek Remedy now.

Similar Products Used: crankbrother mallets
    daShank   Cross Country Rider [Jun 27, 2003]
    Strength:

Cheap. Grippy as hell.

Painfull if you misland a hop, creak quickly

This is a great cheap flat pedal with fantastic grip in dry, wet and muddy conditions. Watch those shins if you misland - you'll be mopping blood from your legs.

Sircrashalot123   Weekend Warrior [Aug 19, 2007]
    Strength:

Had these put on my 2003 Rockhopper hardtail. These pedals have about 6 full days downhilling (yes, DH on a hardtail) at Whiteface and Diablo, and hundreds upon hundreds of xc miles on them. Super grippy wet or dry with any shoes. Bearings maybe not the greatest but they have taken all abuse from me- they are beat up looking and some of the pegs are actually bent over in the screw holes from hitting rocks and they still grip great. Brought home a 2008 Santa Cruz Heckler today (no more DH on a hardtail while I still have some teeth) and put my old B-37's on immediately. I am 155Lbs may be has something to do with their lasting though. I LOVE these pedals.

If you get your shin with these suckers you are going to be bleeding profusely. that being said, it actually takes a lot of effort to lose a foot off them.

STIIIIIIICKY to your feet! WOulda given max chilis if the bearings were a bit better

Similar Products Used: Old school Shimano BMX platforms with similar design when I was a kid, that were also fantastic and were the reason I sought out this pedal design when I got back into riding.
    Brian   Weekend Warrior [Feb 25, 2002]
    Strength:

Thought it was cheap, grippy wet or dry, replacable pins, large platform

large platform, cheap, replacable pins not replacable if chipped off from a rock...

Not the best...nor is it a good value. It's alright if you want to do technical downhilling or fast downhilling. Definitely not made for dropping or jumping. The bearings are creaking after a couple of 3-4ft drops and some runs at the BMX track. Very grippy in wet weather though. I'd buy these if I could get 3 for the price I paid. Replacable pins should be replacable from the bottom...not from the top. Large platform feels goofy sometimes, and you're footing might not be the best.

Similar Products Used: Shimano DX...
    Hiram Munoz   Cross Country Rider [Jan 12, 2002]
    Strength:

Large platform, Looks cool,

A little heavy, but worth it for stability

I've been happy with these, My feet grip this pedal nicely and they look great. Builds confidence. Great for freeride/DH or anyone riding rough trails. I ordered another set for my other bike. For the price, I don't think you can beat these, most of the other platform pedals were around $100 and looked pretty much the same. 5 flamin' chilis to Supergo for having several choices in mx pedals. Most places I've seen have 1 mx style pedal and a bunch of clipless options. I'm too reckless for clipless so I chose these, and now I'm happy.