Wellgo 800 Older Pedals

Wellgo 800 Older Pedals

Wellgo 800

[Nov 23, 2016]
Nick

Strength:

Reliable, easy to use and excellent value.

None for me.

A good low cost clipless pedal. I have a set on my MTB and on my road bike. They've proved very reliable and they're incredibly easy to use. I've crashed with them and they unclip easily. They're robust as well and the sealed bearings hold up very well to water, muck and debris.

[Oct 01, 2002]
tbone

Strength:

easy clip in, nice loud click too. they look pretty. they have lots of tension adjustment, which is really great and they have a decent platform which takes a little bit of stress off the ball of your foot, though nice stiff soles erase the need for said platform.

they're really slippery when wet and/or muddy, which makes it a bit tough to clip in. i haven't had problems with them being clogged with mud, that hasn't effected performance really, its just that they're really slippery; they don't spin too easily, like i thought i just needed to work the bearings in but they're spinning really slow.

haven't had ant experience with clipless before and these seem great. they're easy to get used to and you can start off with super low tension and work your way up gradually. i'd recommend them for a first time buyer.

[Jan 09, 2002]
pat

Strength:

they work great in all conditions,mud,sand,ext.they pop in quick and realse quick

there are none

the pedals kick ass

welligo 700

[Sep 14, 2002]
William

Strength:

pretty tough

about killed myself several times learning to ride with clipless

cant beat it for 40 bucks GO MIAMI HURRICANES!!!!

[Dec 24, 2001]
Eric

Strength:

Good durability, bearings are still silky smooth after just over a year, solid locked in feel, good looks

Hard to set up tension rate, but after that there is no reason to mess with them again so its no big deal

These pedals rock for the money, they make my friend look like a retard for buying shimano when mine work better. I highly reccomend these pedals to any XC or weekend warrior honch.

Radical clipless, Econo clipless(sux)

[Nov 24, 2003]
Doug Gangi

Strength:

Relatively light, durable, low maintenance, clip in/out easily

Sometimes I come out of the pedal when my foot hits a rock, clip in gets tough after a lot of rides but a shot of Tri-flow fixes that

For the money these pedals can't be beat. I have smashed the crap out of these pedals on the rocky ground in AZ and these pedals keep working. In fact, these pedals are so mangled that the Wellgo 800 brand is completely gone. As with all SPD pedals, you need to get used to the clip-in feel as it is not as intuitive as other cleat styles. But I have never had issues getting in/out of these pedals. And when it starts to get a little hard to snap in, a shot of Tri-Flow gets them working 100% again.

The only downside to these pedals is that they sometimes release my foot when I was not intending to (like when I smash my foot on a rock). Over time the retention spring weakens and I find myself turnining in the adjustment screw to keep the same feel. Maybe after all of the bashing these things need to be replaced. But who cares - $40 for over 3 years of abuse? That's a good value in my mind.

Other Wellgos, Shimano 515

[Feb 26, 2004]
Kyle Gilson

Strength:

easy to clip into and have very low maitnance. Realatively light weight and can take abuse. Low price makes them affordable and yet they are still high quality.
They are for the rider who wants performance but is on a budget.

sometime your foot will slip out when there is a sudden force applied to the pedal area.

awesome pedals that can rock with you down the trails once you are accustom to them. Eat dirt.

kore GASS pedals

[Oct 01, 1998]
Mitch
cross-country rider

I love these pedals, many people think that they are too loose. They feel loose because of the amount of float that was made with the pedal. I have then set at a medium tension and have not problems keeping in on the up-stroke in my pedal. They are also really strong, I have banged them into rock, trees, scrapped them on pavement and really treated bad, but they have still held up. I bought them 3 years ago and they just died on me. Anyway, I went out and bought another pair, they're cheap and really good.

[Sep 18, 1998]
Jon
weekend warrior

Purchased the 800's with a GT Ricochet (traded in the Ratt-cages for credit, so only had to invest another $35 for the pedal upgrade. Both pedals snap audibly, but have some other audible sounds while riding...even on the tightest setting. Also the tension meters are a bit misleading, I have one side of the left foot meter near the top (not cranked) and the other side of the same pedal on the same foot nearer the bottom setting, and they feel identicle. I think I'll get some Shimanos when a) I get sick of these b) They wear out/fall apart c) I get some cold hard cash (Shimanos run about 30-50% higher in price). Decent pedal for the price.

[May 25, 2000]
Adam Britt

Strength:

Cheap, work well, haven't popped out yet, pretty easy to clip in and out,

None, really

Very cost effective, work as well as ones that cost several times more (i got mine at Jenson USA for $19)and the silver finished ones look cool w/my frame. All 'round excellent.

Toe clips (they suck)