Victor VP104 Older Pedals

Victor VP104 Older Pedals

Victor VP104

[Jan 04, 2000]
mike

Strength:

lightweight, little maintenance, price

very good value pedals, that have done what they are designed to do. Next to no maintenance, just clean and slick honey on cleats. I will buy VP again.

shim 131

[Sep 07, 2000]
Tomtoo

Strength:

Inexpensive, leightweight

Compare it with a Shimano pedal.

My first impression was that they are ok for the price. After I mounted them and made my first test ride I noticed a 1mm vertical play at one side of the right pedal which could not be adjusted. So they were useless for me but I think, if they work, they are a good product. Fortunately I could give them back and buy a set of Shimano PD-M747.

VP 313, Shimano PD-M747

[Aug 31, 2000]
Jeremy Carrivick

Strength:

Lightweight, durable

Excellent pedals altough my first SPD's after years of pedal clips I really liked the adjustment. I can set them really light and never have any unexpected exits. They have taken a good bit of punishing during the last three weeks in the Alps including mud, dust submersion in a river etc. Still work prefectly

first SPDs

[Apr 18, 2000]
Jan Mork

Strength:

They work well in muddy circumstances, easy entry & release plus they´re really light. Forgot to mention they´re cheap too.

Because they´re small they break easily.

Great stuff at a great price plus they´re superlight (mine are 337g/pair)

Time ATAC

[Dec 24, 1999]
Joe

Strength:

Silky Cartridge bearings
Light Weight
Price
very durable
no maintenance

Release on my left pedal fickle

I bought these pedals with trepidation on quality and durability, but they are as good as the Shimanos even though there not as pretty. I do BC black diamonds every week and they are as smooth as the day I bought them with no maintenance. Release on one side of left pedal is sometimes tight

Look
Scott
Shimano

[Mar 12, 1999]
justin norquay
cross-country rider

I have had these pedals for a year and a half, I have used them with 3 different bikes currently with a norco vps 2, and they havent let me down yet. These pedals are lighter than shimano's 747s but the performance isn't quite as good. They do what they are supost to do which is hold your foot in and they last more than 2 seasons. I am pleased to give these pedals a 4

[Jun 13, 2002]
Paul

Strength:

Light, nice finnish, seem to work really well.

None found yet

I've never used clipless before as I was worried about being able to get out of them. I took the plunge and got these because they were cheap and seemed well regarded. I was very pleased that after fitting them they feel exacly right and I've had no trouble at all clipping in or out, which has got to be OK for a first ever use of clipless. I can't find anything bad to say about them and I'd have been happy with them if I'd paid double (glad I didn't though :)