Trek Invert Older Pedals

Invert

Invert

Eric Herbst   Cross Country Rider [Mar 02, 2002]
Strength:

low rolling resistance for road riding but a little bit of tread for if you ride in the rain or something

I can't think of anything too bad about them. The non-kevlar sidewalls wore out, but that was after 2 years of having to store my bike outside at college.

Not a trail tire. It sounds as though the previous reviewer was trying to use these on trails. These tires are definitely not for that. They're just a little grippier than baldies -- as I said above, I got them for my hybrid which I pretty much ride on pavement. My MTB has other tires. The Inverts I have are 700x38's, and they're about the skinniest of that size that I've been able to find. I really like them, haven't had much trouble with flats, and sometimes shops around here have had them pretty cheap. I think the kevlar is probably worth the extra couple bucks. Overall I'm pleased, and for what I do on this particular bike, I'll keep putting them on it till they become unavailable or the bike is beyond repair.

Similar Products Used: bike came stock with panaracers; don't remember the model name. I changed them out because for po' folks like me who don't have a road bike, I wanted my hybrid to emulate a road feel to some degree
OVERALL
wjf   weekend warrior [Dec 20, 1998]

The Trek Invert (kevlar) was recommended to me by my LBS (bunch of roadies) as a replacement tire. Locally, the Police use it on their bikes. Good for dry road (paved not fire) use only. I've used it for about a year and a half, after work to get in a few quick miles of road work before it gets dark. I have about 2000 miles on it (mostly rear, breaks away too easily to use on the front) and it shows almost no signs of wear and I've never had a flat. The only good thing about this tire is that it is used on Police bikes, so if they are ever after you and you have half-way decent Tire on your bike, just head for the loose stuff, they will either slow down or crash and burn, in either case will be long gone. If you have one of these you may want to donate it to your local PBA.

OVERALL