Ritchey Logic Road Pedal Older Pedals

Ritchey Logic Road Pedal Older Pedals

Ritchey Logic Road Pedal

[Jul 17, 2002]
jim bourque

Strength:

These pedals are light weight and look beautiful on the bike. They worked pretty well until one blew up.

They are not weighted correctly so you need to spend more time than you should orienting them to clip in.

The screw holding in the front part of the clip sheared off, luckily at low speed. There's no way to remove the remnants of the screw to reassemble the pedal so they are a write off.

Campy Pro-Fit, various no-look SPD pedals.

[Aug 14, 2000]
vern

Strength:

light weight

lousy spring mechanism, difficult to clip into, doesn't hold my shoes in no matter how tight the spring is adjusted; spring keeps coming loose during rides

I couldn't clip into these pedals unless my bike was almost motionless, and during rides I would accidentally come out of my pedals and actually had to stop, get off my bike, break out my tools and manually reset the spring so that I could clip back into them! I tried a second pair from the shop, but it did the same thing! I wouldn't (couldn't) ride these pedals if they paid me! I'm all for lightweight gear, but if it doesn't work.... I wouldn't recommend these pedals to anyone.

time, shimano road pedals

[Aug 06, 2000]
Shin

Strength:

Very light and simple design. Your shoe will hit before the pedals with respect to cornering clearance.

Trying to clip into these pedals is difficult since they don't naturally fall with the back facing down. As a result, the pedals are nicely scarred up on the underside. The pedals are difficult to service from lack of instructions on accessing the adjustable cones. The strange dust cap is very difficult to remove. I can't find any tools which are capable of accessing the adjustable cones.

The pedals are really neat to look at and are simple but a couple of design flaws detracts from their simplicity and light weight.

Ancient Look pedals.

[Aug 01, 2000]
Craig

Strength:

Cheap, lightweight

The plate the retains that front part of the cleat snapped off!

Cheap pedals which I bought in an emergency after by VP-161's fell to bits on a ride. Wouldn't recommend them as they should not break when being used road racing.

VP-161, Wellgo 800's

[Jan 26, 2000]
tim

Strength:

light, light, light!!

when clipped in, still have a LOT of side play. so when i corner or get outta the saddle, it feels like your foot is slipping. its the same on both pedals and i've done numerous adjustments.

wouldn't recommend.

victor clipless from a KHS aero turbo, performance brand on my mountain bike.