Girvin Mag-Ti Older Pedals

Girvin Mag-Ti Older Pedals

Girvin Mag-Ti

[Feb 24, 2002]
Jeff Lyall

Strength:

They are light

You never know when they will break

The bottom line is I had a good minute on the rest of the field in round 3 of the National champs (master 2), with half a lap to go the right pedal sheared off, hadnt crashed, wasnt really under load, just smooth medium gear rolling downhill. It could cost me the series. Use if you are a weenie, but not for racing. I had used another pair for a year with no problems, this pair were practically brand new.

Shimano 535, 737, Egg-beaters current

[Jun 08, 2000]
Carlos Bueno

Strength:

Light weight
they are no shimano

Ti pedals brake
they are not shimano

I hate things that dont last; i got my left leg hurt really bad when the spindle broke.I dont care if everything else worked fine, these ones suck..

shimano 535, 737, time atac

[Dec 14, 1999]
Cris Beveridge
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Light Weight
Consistent Entry/Release
SPD Compatible Cleats

Ti Axle Strength

After over two years of hard riding with a 225 lb. rider one of my Ti axles snapped. However, K2 informed me they have a revised design Ti axle which is supposed to be beefier. They overnighted a new pair under warranty to my LBS without hesitation. Great pedal; Great Customer Service.

Shimano 737s
Shimano 747s

[May 31, 1999]
Greg
Cross-Country Rider

axle integrity

Frustratingly, I was recently in a race, and with only half a lap (of 4) to go, the left pedal's axle snapped clean off. I was very fortunate not to have been injured! I am light (142 #s) and do not have an abundance of power like some of you bigger dudes. Prior to my experience I had met a guy who had the same thing happen to him twice. Pedal axles are something that should simply never fail in this type of situation.

[Jun 02, 2004]
mtbcrazy

Strength:

Light, better than Shimano, good in mud, lasts forever.

old version's axle was questionable.

Although they broke (after 2,000 miles), the axles were replaced promptly and haven't broken since (6,000+ more miles per the ride analyzer: http://www.rideanalzyer.com).
Very light, easy in and out, easy to maintain, almost no maintenance required. Can't be beat!

747, 535, road pedals

[Sep 20, 1999]
Steve Z

Strength:

LIght
SPD compatible

white paint looks like crap
after a while

I normally don't post, but I figured I'd offset the previous review. I've had the pedals for 2 seasons and mine have held up fine. Including 12 races this year. At 288g, pretty much the lightest SPD out there. Ti spindles always have a risk, however.

lots of SPD types