Corratec Easy-Click Pedal Older Pedals

Easy-Click Pedal

Corratec Easy-Click Pedal

Nard   Cross Country Rider [Jul 25, 2001]
Strength:

Light, easy, works well in the mud, nice 'loose' feel after you've clicked in (free float, unlike Time).

durability. Didn't see it in other reviews, but apart from breaking plates, it does NOT have a ball bearing on the position closest to the crank! Mine started moaning fast! Especially after mud/water. Also, the bearing will eventually grind away on the axle, especially the titanium one.

Nice, light, but not durable at all.

Similar Products Used: Time, Shimano, others
andrew shaw   Racer [Jan 02, 2001]
Strength:

Light, easy entry and release, mud does not jam up the works, simple design

durability, pedal tension plates brake easily

I would not buy these again. The durability issue outweighs the positives. Also had difficulty getting replacement parts.

Similar Products Used: replaced with Bebop pedals, lighter, easier to use, better durability
Rex Razer   [Sep 05, 2000]
Strength:

Color, Lt.Weight, Style, Panache, SnappyTom Clip-in, Color, Lt. Weight, Style, and Lt. Weight, ohhhh, Titanium Spindle makes this the World LIGHTEST PEDAL

Yeah right

Like all the good stuff that's Italian and made for bikes, Easy Click Titanium pedals perform, look, and feel good, just like Ferragamo loafers. My SuperLight has a lot of 'pimp factor', but the Corratecs put the meow in my cat.

'Easy Click' says it all. They work fantastic. I've used SPDs since an Eddy Merckx circa 1987 that used Looks, and these are the best, even better than Onza Ti's. There is a very positive 'click' when engaged, and you have to practice at the entry angle a few times before you get it. But you do....

On my Sidi Dominator 2's the clip-in is tight, and I could make the it better if I *DID* shave a little plastic, but whatthehell, I've broken in the shoes without using my Dremel tool and I'm not going to burn up the bottom of the shoes.

I bought them on impulse--found them surfing the 'Net--had no idea what they'd be like. Just had a feeling it
would work, and the color was right. I used to ride a Terry Liberator Ti saddle with yellow that matched, but after switching to the Fly seat the only yellow I have is the pedals, and it still works.

The ti spindle is a work of art, but then so is the whole deal. Someone who owns a big name custom bike company I met said they'd be on his show bikes from now on (like at InterBike) because..."there's nothing as light, as interesting, as colorful, or as Italian, in SPD pedals."

MountainHome Bike Company (retail only) was where I bought them....no discount when buying the Titanium version. When I talked to MtnHome I ended up buying a set of Diamante tires (red)-another 5-Stars...they are very light and fast.

These are not for riders who complain about "weenie pedals" or need a 4x5" platform for size 14 feet. If you own one of the better bikes and setups, want minimalist weight and some style, something different, in a pedal, go online to mountainhomebicycle.com and fill order a pair.

At 165 Grams per pedal, there is NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to the weight of these things. They are LIGHT!!!

Five Burning Cactus for Corratec Ti Easy Click pedals.

They'll never be a mass produced "everybody has them" pedal, which is good, but it's too bad more of you won't get a chance to use a truly fine, light, good looking Titanium pedal that's the Ferrari in pedal jungle.

Similar Products Used: Onza Ti, Froggies, etc
Trip   Weekend Warrior [Jun 05, 2000]
Strength:

Lightweight Ti pedal. Easy Release, excellent in mud. Love the yellow color (matches my bike). Despite my being a heavyweight the Ti's hold up well. Sleeve bearings are quite smooth. There is a lot of float to protect my ancient knees.

The entry takes a bit to get used to. A toe down position helps. Hard to find, Performance used to carry them, I found them at mountainhomebicycleco.com

Very lightweight, smooth, and they hold up well. Several people in the area are using them on their road bikes and TT bikes.

Similar Products Used: Shimano 737, 747, Look
Ian Robertson   Racer [Nov 29, 1999]
Strength:

Light -- I have the ti version which weighs 230 grams
easy to click-in/out

was sent a mismatched plate so half of the time the left side was a bit harder to get into, got a new plate and problem solved.

Wonderfully light weight, but strong as well. Recently broke the hell out of my crankset (well bent to hell) but the pedals are intact afterwards + doing ~750 miles on them before.
Got these clearance from perfoemance for $80 - cheap too.
Oh did I mention they also survived my being hit by a '76 Ford F-150 (big steel monster, when the cop arrived to make a report he checked to see if the truck was ok!!! lets see, truck vs bike, hmmm.
Cost the driver $900 though [pedals perfect])
I am completely satisfied with these pedals, the cranks however...

Similar Products Used: Ritchey Spuds
Eric Iversen   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 27, 1999]
Strength:

Light-weight (290 grams!)
Easy in / Easy out
Works in mud
Plenty of float

Retention plates do need to be replaced.

Simply the best pedal. They work as good as any pedal in the mud. Positive click in and out. I didn't have to trim my shoes either like those who own Bebop or Speedplays often have to do. The pedals don't have the complex shimano spring system, instead there are retention plates. After time these plates may break, but they are easily replaced by two allen bolts. There is also a titanium version available that weighs in at 230 grams. It is my understanding they will be available in the US again soon.