Continental Leader Pro Tire Older Pedals

Leader Pro Tire

Leader Pro 2.0

Jeff Merage   cross-country rider [Jul 18, 1997]

Great tire on Hard pack or sand. I rode these tires in Moab and they were awesome. Then I recently moved to Vancouver and got spanked riding North Shore. Part of it was my fault, but in the mud and wet rocks and stuff, these tires suck. Just bought a the velociraptors for the front. The a-lot of the hard core North Shore guys up here ride them. Hopefully tey'll do better.

Tom Kenney   cross-country rider [Mar 28, 1996]

The Continental Leader Pro 2.0 is a very fast front tire. There isn't a lot of tread on this tire to get in the way of rolling! It is also exceptionally light. I found it to be best suited for fast fire roads, sandy or muddy conditions, or snow. It didn't do too well in rocky conditions, or on very technical single-track. It tended to deflect when bouncing off rocks instead of going over them. This is a great tire for clean fire roads and downhill courses where there isn't much debris, but lots of dirt!

Mike Karnes   cross-country rider [May 16, 1996]

The Leader pro is much more at home on smooth fire roads than it is on rocky or technical singletrack. The tire is very light and durable, and the lack of knobs allows it to throw mud exceptionally well.

Ben Jensen   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2000]
Strength:

freagin' light!

wear down too fast

Great tire, but don't expect to ride on them for long. I've had mine one season, and they're really worn. They slip when climbing, and drillin' hard corners. I plan to replace them with some Panaracer XC Pros. Just because of the light weight, I'll give 'em four chillis.

jerry   cross-country rider [Jan 24, 1997]

Good for hard pack and occasional pavement, light and smooth rolling, however, not the tire I would recommend for Western Oregon's trails with some mud, loose pack, rocks and roots. Very bad on soft and loose pack, it lets go with no warning, I prefer a deep lug directional tire for my conditions.

Kona Boy   cross-country rider [Jan 21, 1997]

I've been using this tire for one season and the wear is minimal. I estimate I put 2000 kilometers on this tire over the year. I give it a five for wear. The weight is within reason of other tires. The tire works especially well in hardpack. It doesn't provide the best stability in the mud or loose dirt but it does shed mud quickly. In rocky conditions, the tire lacks the ability to absorb and seems to bounce more than other tires with more tread such as Velociraptors. The nicest thing about this tire is the cornering ability. I find this tire is one of the best in that respect.

Kurt   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 13, 1999]
Strength:

fast and light. Great all around tire for xc, trailblazing, downhill.

expensive $80 for 2

Great fast xc tire. Suprisingly light for a wide 2.0 tire with great down hill handling. Germany seems to design great High performance products.

Similar Products Used: WTB, IRC, Panracer, Tioga, Geax, Dirt Control
FAT & SLOW   Weekend Warrior [Jun 16, 1999]
Strength:

PRICE, PERFORMANCE

WET PERFORMANCE

GOOD ALL AROUND TIRE AND A STEAL FOR THE PRICE. THE LEADER IS NOT AS GOOD AS THE JONES IN SUPER SLICK CONDITIONS, BUT I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THEM EVERYWHERE ELSE. I AM GOING TO BUY A SECOND SET (I RUN THE COMP PRO 2 ON THE BACK) WHILE THERE STILL ON SALE!

Similar Products Used: BONTRAGER JONES
SPECIALIZED DIRT MASTER/CONTOL COMP.
LUCA   Racer [May 17, 1999]
Strength:

MOLTO SCORREVOLI,E OTTIMA TENUTA SUL TERRENO DURO

FORSE HANNO LA MESCOLA UN PELINO TROPPO DURA

VERY GOOD
I'VE JUST BOUGHT THEM ONCE MORE!!!!

Similar Products Used: RITCHEY ZMAX WCS
patrice denis   cross-country rider [Nov 24, 1998]

That is real fast tire.on hardpack this tire is glued to the trail but in loose soil it lost traction.It impossible to pack this tire in mud but it grip like a slick.It is light and has a great felling on hardpack.In dry condition, it 's an excellent all-around tire,but in wet this tire suck! If you toutch at a single root during a downhill section your are a ded man.It's my favorite tire.Hey! mans and girls, you want a good durable dry tire that broke your collarbone during wet decent? That your tire.Excuse me for my bad english.