CODA M900 Pedal Older Pedals

M900 Pedal

Coda M900 Pedals

sieveboy   [Nov 19, 2001]
Strength:

Works well

none found

These work, period. They spun a little roughly last week after two years of constant use and I was ready to replace them due to this and aesthetics (paint is gone and they are gouged badly). However, just to learn how pedals are assembled, I spent some time totally rebuilding them.

I found no brinneled races or bad bearings. After degreasing them and carefully reassembling with fresh grease, they work great and I've decided to keep on using them!

I suggest loctite on the cleat platform screws as they tend to creep out.

Everybody disses Coda here, but these pedals have been great!

Alexei Pavlov   cross-country rider [Mar 23, 1998]

These CRAPPY pedals came with the bike, they always tend to unwind on spindle!
Finally few days ago I had to walk the bike through 6ft high grass/weeds and I lost BOTH pedals because the weeds spindle them away! Stay away from this crap!
Get shimano 747
CODA SUCKS and their Cranksets SUCKS EVEN MORE!NA Zdorovie!!!

Leonard Sturdivant   cross-country rider [Mar 17, 1998]

Buy something else,these are my second pair of pedals, the heads of the
screws break off. The day after I had checked them ,my second pair,a screwhead
broke.These suck and swallow. Now,if these pedals are like my last pair the heads of these screws,the ones remaining, will break.bla bla...
747'S RULE!!!

Tommy   [Jun 30, 2001]
Strength:

clips nice

good

paul   Weekend Warrior [Apr 29, 1999]
Strength:

they were ther first (and only) clipless pedals i ever used.
they were easy to get used to for a first time clipless pedal rider.

they jam easily with a little dirt making entry and exit impossible.
hard to evenly adjust.
they unclip without notice and you stay clipped in when you want out.

these pedals were great to learn on, but now that i've had them awhile, i can't stand them. they are very unreliable and hyper sensitive to mud and debris. i'm going to replace them with a pair of Time alium or ATAC pedals very, very soon. if your rig has these pedals, take them off and use them as paper weights.

Similar Products Used: none
Jackson Penrod   downhiller [Oct 24, 1997]

Got these pedals on my Cannondala Super V 1000 Freeride. The bike rule the pedals suck! Can't seem to stay in them, and I'm bashing my knees in the forks on steep climbs. I adjust, and adjust and they still don't work well. I'm coming out of the pedals when I really don't need to. I'm buying some 747's.

Sean Vaksman   cross-country rider [Jan 18, 1997]

The m900's are my second pair of clipless pedals and I have nothing bad to say about them. They shed mud well, are very smooth, work consistantly, and are light enough. Go out and buy a pair!

john limbaugh   racer [Jan 22, 1997]

smooth pedal, excellent bearings, ok in mud, light, nice float.
i like them.
one grip, spindle loosens during riding from pedal body. have reefed on um
even lock tight, no aval

Henry Huff   Cross Country Rider [Jan 09, 2001]
Strength:

Cheap
Seem to be built pretty sturdy
Small profile

-Get jammed with mud extrememly easy, making it IMPOSSIBLE at times to clip in without stopping and cleaning them out.
-Foot may accidently fly out when bunny hopping, or cranking hard

For a beginner, or someone who is a small time recreational rider, these pedals are pretty good for the price. If you are off in some nasty mud on a technical trail, the last thing you want is to put your foot down, then find that you can't get it clipped back in, or to have your foot come flying out as you hop off a bump in the trail, or just as you're starting to crank hard up a hill. I would say these are a decent pedal for the money, and with care, should last a long time.

Similar Products Used: none
xenobia   Weekend Warrior [Dec 18, 1999]

These are my first clipless. After taking I really bad spill my first time out I realized that they adjust. Now, they are fine. I also discovered lubing them before each ride makes a huge difference getting in and out. I haven't tried any other pedal. These seem fine to me.