You Are What You Eat Energy Bar Older Nutrition

Are What You Eat Energy Bar

You Are What You Eat Energy Bar

Daniel Powell   [Nov 27, 2007]
Strength:

Very tasty and the perfect alternative to snacks

None.

You have to try them because they are healthy and tasty what else can be better?

Similar Products Used: Ryvita Goodness Bars
Marilee Schultz   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 06, 1999]
Strength:

The bars are very tasty and digestible while riding/training, and maintain their texture in all weather conditions. Very healthy.

I like a little more protein on long rides, but those bars never taste as good. This is a good compromise.

Highly recommended for picky eaters and people with a sensitive stomach during exertion. Everyone else will like them too, unless you hate all these energy bars and then there's no helping you.

Similar Products Used: Clif Bar
Power Bar
Balance Bar
VO2 Max
danK   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 08, 1999]
Strength:

taste
texture

These bars taste like a meal, like real food.
I like Clif bars too but overall I'd rate these bars higher.
For a trip that would include the possibility of damage to my improperly packed luggage I'd take some Powerbars (banana) because even though they taste bad they don't break. But for the othe 99% of my life, UAWYE bars are the best thing out there.

Similar Products Used: everything
callthedoctor   Weekend Warrior [Nov 12, 1999]
Strength:

Tastes Great

Expensive
Availability

Excellent Bar....very very good tasting. Very Fresh and Moist, easy to chew.Try-em, you'll like em.

Similar Products Used: Powerbar, Cliff, Balance
melvis   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 13, 1999]
Strength:

Tastes like food. Goes down like food. Feels like food.Absolutely Yummy!!

Hard to find

More than a quick fix, these bars could actually sustain you since eating more than one of many competitive brands' bars would make me hork. I want MORE!!

Similar Products Used: All competitive brands
Tom   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 13, 1999]
Strength:

Great Tasting
Easy to digest

I recently won a box of You are What You Eat bars from Bicycling Magazine. They are probably the best tasting energy bars currently on the market. They are easy to digest so you don't have to swig down half a waterbottle. My wife who hates the taste of conventional energy bars keeps stealing these bars on me.

Similar Products Used: Powerbar
Cliff Bar
Flash 5 Bar
gak   Weekend Warrior [Oct 13, 1999]
Strength:

Great taste
Stays in stomach

Not easy to find in stores

Best taste in a energy bar so far. Moist and stays in stomach even after a rigourous ride. My fave taste is Peanut Butter.
Difficult to find in stores. Got mine at LBS. Can mail order from www.urwhatueat.com

Similar Products Used: Cliff Bar
PowerBar
GU (yucks!)
PR Bar
Tiger Bar
Ben Gelman   Weekend Warrior [Jun 11, 1999]

Our Dining Hall at Cornell received a couple of boxes as a promotion, so I snagged some of each flavor. I first tried one as an energy booster to keep me studying, and it worked, but, more importantly, it tasted good. On the bike, it was easy to get down, and keep down. Including the information that the bars are Kosher in their advertising was a great idea, because it let me and some of my friends who bike (we oly eat Kosher) know about the product. There aren't many Kosher energy bars out there, so it was a big deal when this came out. Just one point - although the ads say the bars are Parve (not meat or dairy), one flavor (I think it's blueberry) is dairy (something about how they proccess the fruit). A great product and a great company.

dave   Weekend Warrior [May 17, 2001]
Strength:

good taste.

makes me fart a LOOOOT.
tuff to ride if you're leaking air out your rear the whole way.

they are good, but wicked gas is baaad.
noone wants to get stuck riding behind me anymore.
go in tasty, come out smelling like that mangled possum you just rode by.