Prolyte Sports Prolyte Older Nutrition

Sports Prolyte

Prolyte Sports Prolyte

Will   Cross Country Rider [Apr 28, 2001]
Strength:

Tastes good. Does what it promises. Can drink it without stomach feeling upset.

None so far

This stuff helped me get through the Vermont 50 by giving me an energy boost when I needed it. Lemon Lime flavor is my favorite.

Similar Products Used: Gatorade
Sue   Weekend Warrior [Apr 04, 2001]
Strength:

* taste
* comes as a powder, so I can mix my own strength
* does not upset my stomach

* none so far

Great taste that does not upset my stomach. I don't mix it per their guidelines, so maybe that's why it works so well for me.

Gives me the continued nutrition to keep going. Goes well with my choices for energy bars.

Similar Products Used: * Cytomax
Will Fyfe   Racer [Dec 08, 2000]
Strength:

Incredible taste with all flavors. DOES NOT upset my stomach during activity because it has no citric acid.

This product has absolutely no weaknesses

This product totally rocks. I will never go back to using Ultrafuel again. I started using Prolyte at a summer racing series where they were a sponsor. Tyler was so cool and got me to race his product. Ever since, I use only this and my mountain bike and triathlete friends do as well. If you are not using this product, watch out for me and the rest of the Prolyte users lined up next to you at the starting gates.

Similar Products Used: Gatorade, Ultrafuel, Powerade
all of the energy gels
christopher a   Cross Country Rider [Nov 16, 2000]
Strength:

Flavors
CAFFINE!
No sour stomach after drinking a few water bottles full.

None I can think of or seen thus far.

I used this product because Pro-Lyte Sports had sponsored a local race mountain bike here in Cincinnati. So I figured I would give it a try. Well during a long ride I realized that the better taste meant I was drinking more which at the time I thought was a bad thing because I was going to pay for it later with a real sour stomach. But with out the Citric acid I never got that burn in the pit of my stomach.

I would highly recommend this product to everyone who does anything active

Ultra Fuel
Gatorade
Endurance
plus all the rest!
Rob Morgan   Cross Country Rider [Oct 25, 2000]
Strength:

Mild flavor did not upset my stomach
Gave me the energy boast I needed to finish x-country race at Olympic Course in GA, without the bonk!!

I would highly recomend this product to anyone who wants that little edge.

chris holcomb   Cross Country Rider [Sep 05, 2000]
Strength:

Great tasteing
easy on stomach
good even when warm

If you can't have caffeine this isn't the drink for you

This is the first product in which I feel a difference when I use it. Plain and simple it works, and there is no equal.

PR drink
gatorade
Nick McBride   Racer [May 10, 2000]
Strength:

I like it and only use it during races.

I'm afraid that my tolerance of caffeine will increase with time.

This drink alone helped our triathlon relay team bring home a 2nd place against a world class competition. You only need to try it on one ride/race or training session to notice the difference.

RACHEL   Racer [Apr 03, 2000]
Strength:

Awesome flavors, NO after taste, not too sweet or heavy.

If you're a fan of caffeine, you'll get hooked!

Prolyte has the perfect blend of B-vitamins and sugars. Because of its light taste and composition, it doesn't irritate or upset the stomach during a hard work-out. I truly recommend Prolyte to any competitive endurance athlete who is interested in out-performing his/her competition. However, if you're sensitive to caffeine- not a good choice.
Whether its a long day at the office, a tough work-out, or race, Prolyte is the perfect drink to help your body sustain itself.

Rachel F. Rittgers
Professional mountain biker for Team Zaxby's

Similar Products Used: Cytomax, gatorade, ultra fuel
Dan Fry   Racer [Feb 22, 2000]
Strength:

ProLyte was a nice suprise last season when I started using it on a regular basis for training and racing. It is one thing that I can honestly say kept me rollin' in quite a few races and long, hot summer rides. The flavors are good too. So many other drink mixes claim to taste good and when you taste them at home they are alright but when you are riding you need something you really like the taste of so you stay hydrated. This drink mix is good for athletes other than cyclists. My girlfriend is a marathon runner and she is always coming by my apartment to steel the stuff. It's great for all kinds of endurance athletes who want to perform at their peak for longer.

The only weakness with ProLyte is that it is not a good post ride drink because of the caffeine. It's not really a weakness but I don't think this stuff is for the neighborhood rider. It's for people who really want to get out and hammer.

It's good stuff. I don't think there is a lot of techy talk I can offer since this is not a bike or fork or something. But in that case, ProLyte is not as expensive as a bike or fork, so what the heck... buy a bottle and try it out.