MET-Rx Meal replacment Older Nutrition

Met-Rx Meal replacment

Calvin   Cross Country Rider [Jul 25, 2001]
Strength:

Great taste, packed with protein and other nutrients!

I just added weight lifting and smarter nutrition into my training. Trying to fit 6 meals into one day (like my trainer recommends)is almost impossible. I needed some options. I saw a variety pack of these meal replacements at my local drug store and decided I would give it a try. How easy! I just take a water bottle, pour in 8 oz of milk (water in a pinch), add half a pack since your body can't take in all of the 50g of protien that this makes {38g from mix and 12g from milk), shake and drink. I love every flavor. The apple one taste like pie. Enjoy!

mike   Cross Country Rider [Jun 19, 2000]
Strength:

great for a post ride meal. loaded with protein. i like the extreme chocolate best. tastes like pudding.

sometimes i get gas from it.

tastes great. could include more carbs to up the calories. i like to put it in a blender and add bananas and raisins. mixes well with water, but tastes better with milk. i also use this product for weight loss before big races. it is high in protein, and if used after a ride can shrink you down in a hurry!!

Similar Products Used: myoplex, designer protein
Gary   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 11, 1999]
Strength:

Variety of flavors, all are pretty much good tasting.

None, well it can be pricey at times

Grear product. Try the original flavor with Sunny Delight it is like an orange smoothie. See you on the trails.

Similar Products Used: Metabol Endurance (Champion Nutrition)
gothik   Weekend Warrior [Jan 29, 2000]
Strength:

Taste, portability, and substance.

Kinda tough to use on the go. you really need a blender and a kitchen to use the stuff. Great to use at home.

This stiff is cool, blend it and it will taste like a shake. You can use n/f milk, or water and it will taste the same... At least it does for me. I like the extreme chocolate as a pudding. In a pinch I will use a shaker but it is best to use a blender...Braun has a hand blender that works well for mixing it. I use a wire wisk most of the time though, it makes the pudding fluffly. Add extracts to enhance the flavor...chreey for black forest, almond for almond choc, mint for choc mint. Does anyone know if they make coconut extract??? I want to try an almond joy.