Kraft Foods Tang Older Nutrition

Kraft Foods Tang

Angie   Racer [Sep 15, 2001]
Strength:

Tang has been flowing thru me since age 2, I drink it more than water, I need it more than water. If I was trapped on a desert Island I hope that a big wave of tang would drown me!

I have to mix it myself, market this stuff and sell it at 7-11's across the land

This is the shiz.

Similar Products Used: Sunny D which is a lame imitation, I'd rather drink crab juice.
shreddie   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 02, 2000]
Strength:

Mixes well with other drinks (see below), rehydrates in a lushious way, inexpensive, and tangy too.

Lacks a fancy name and marketting image, and is perceived to have a low cool-factor.

This stuff is great. Not only does it do all of what the more expensive sport drinks do, but it costs less to do it and reminds me of my childhood at the same time. It's good on it's own, but can be mixed with other beverages to enhance the nutritional effect -- for example, Odwala Superfood or Trader Joe's Power Plant Green Food Beverage (the slimy looking green bottled stuff; aka slime). In the summers, when it's HOT, try mixing up some tang a little stronger than usual, pouring it into popsicle molds, and putting it in the freezer the night before you ride. Coming home to some Tang-sicles is a real treat.If other sprots drinks rate a ten, then Tang goes to eleven!

Similar Products Used: Most fruit juices, Power Bar Perform Plus, Gatorade, most sodas and bottled teas.
Carp   Weekend Warrior [Apr 08, 2000]
Strength:

Taste. Can be bought in 4lb cans, enough to make 20qts. Inexpensive.

Addictive. Leaves nice sticky orange spots on my white bike when my bottle leaks.

Now I've seen it all. I thought I was the only one that carried this stuff when I rode. Now I find it being reviewed here. I have been drinking this since Nixon was a vice president and it's still great stuff. You can make 20 quarts for about $8 (not all at once). If you like, you can put some in a straw and pretend you have a pixie stix. Do not snort it, it will make you sneeze. Drink up. I rate it 5 piles of flamin tang.

Similar Products Used: Gatoraid, Power-sport, etc
Bobby   [Apr 08, 2000]
Strength:

tastes great, refreshing, rehydrates like nothing else, well..maybe water but that doesn't taste half as good.

don't want to put it in my camelbak because i don't want to have to clean it all the time

This stuff tastes so good (get the regualrr orange, i don't like the orange pinapple). I've heard that they make some other flavors but i can't find them here. Hint: Add a little bit of salt, just a little so you can barely taste it, and it will rehydrate you even better because as you may now, when you sweat you loose sodium and you need more. Its got 100% of vitamin C too.

Similar Products Used: soda's, other oj brands, gatorade, powerade
KC   Weekend Warrior [Dec 17, 1999]
Strength:

It's a kick in your energy!!

Sometimes you run out of it.

Tang rules forever

Similar Products Used: All other OJ's
Jeff   Racer [Oct 02, 1999]
Strength:

Good brand, lot's of vitamin C, the astronauts drink it!

none so far, except it's getting harder to find. This must be because it's popular and the stores sell out of it quickly

What can I add, it's tang-licious

Similar Products Used: OJ, Kool-Aid, Mountain Dew, Sunny D, Ocean Spray, Welch's
Dr. White   Downhiller [Jul 13, 2000]
Strength:

cheap
easy to make
vitamin C

not that great tasting

tang would be great if i was 5 years old. it gets gritty if it sits very long. it is absolutely undrinkable warm. if i wanted sugar water i would buy kool-aid.
who needs 9 million percent of their daily vitamin C anyway. that's unhealthy.

it is pretty good, but give me some grape juice any day over tang.

peace.