Jogmate Recovery Supplement Older Nutrition

Recovery Supplement

Jogmate Recovery Supplement

Chuck D.   Cross Country Rider [Jul 28, 2000]
Strength:

This stuff works if you use it within 30 minutes of finishing your ride.I use a tube of this and wash it down with a sports drink (Ultra Fuel)and I can ride for days.

availability although most good shops are now carrying it
also, the consistency is a little wierd but you get used to it.

This stuff really works-use it after you ride but before the post ride chow down and you will be less sore the next day, and with a little loosening up you will be ready to go again!If your not really training than it may not make much difference to you.

Similar Products Used: different protien powders, Endurox R4
Scott   Weekend Warrior [Apr 28, 2000]
Strength:

Convenient and it works.

Pricey if you're training 5-6 days/wk.

If I hammered one day, I could hardly ride the next. A friend turned me on to this stuff and it made a HUGE difference. I take it as soon as my ride has ended. If you're weak the second day, try this.

Similar Products Used: Endurox R4
Jimmy Palmquick   Racer [Feb 13, 2000]
Strength:

The best product that I have evere used to aid in muscke recovery.

The taste could be a little better.

Absolutely the best product on the market to aid in muscle recovery. Your muscles will be less sore and packed with lactic acid if one uses this product within a short period of time after a ride.

Similar Products Used: GU, Power Gel, Hammer Gel,
Berkeley Mike   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 20, 1999]
Strength:

Easy to consume, gives my body something to work with when I've gotten off the bike, increases next day comfort

Availibility and, as a daily supplement, it gets a bit pricy

As part of an effort to raise my riding level at 48 y/o I found it useful. I felt less soreness the next day (Increased riding from 1/wk 15 miles 100 ft/mile elev to 3x/wk for 30-50 miles 125 ft/mile elev.) I can't single it out as the main reason for my improvement but it is better than anything else I was eating, easier to consume quickly and conveniently packaged. I've heard people whine about the taste; get over it. A problem is that there is just one place in the East Bay Area to get it. All the LBS had promo boxes of it and they gave it away like it was a joke. I know a few other peopl who use this and believe in it.
I stopped using it for cost and availibility reasons but it has left me tight the next day. I've given it a pretty good test and will start on it again.

Similar Products Used: the usual nutrition bars, yogurt, big post ride meals, Anchor Steam.
killer   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 18, 1999]
Strength:

I am not really sure.

the taste. very bland. hard to get used to.

not that great.

Similar Products Used: i haven't tried any other protien recovery gels. only the shakes. i think i will stick to the shakes.