NiteRider Pro 1200 LED Older Lights

Pro 1200 LED

NiteRider Pro 1200 LED Lithium Ion: 1200 measured lumens. That?s right, 1200 lumens. That puts the Pro 1200?s light output in the same arena as some automobile headlights. The Pro 1200 accomplishes this staggering output by

Mark Spencer   Cross Country Rider [Jan 19, 2011]
Strength:

Without question the brightest light I've used to date. Multiple settings using software. Easy on/off battery mount for charging.

The battery charger failed on the second charge attempt. Had to send to Niterider (under warranty still) to fix.

NiteRider should make a one piece water-proof enclosed unit (like a flashlight)to eliminate the wires and brackets. Other manufacturers are moving this direction with lights up to 1800 lumens.

Similar Products Used: NiteRider Moab. Not as bright by any means. But the toughest bike light I've used. Three years old/still works perfect.
stevethebrit   Cross Country Rider [Dec 10, 2010]
Strength:

I am not sure. They failed right out of the box

My lights failed out of the box. The left LED operating the spot light was broken straight out of the box.

I'm pretty upset about this. I realise these things happen with electrical equipment, but it doesn't make me feel any better. To spend this amount of money on what is supposed to be 'state of the art' and have it fail before its even been out on a night ride. The hilarious thing is I bought a new Hope Vision 4 LED and they failed on the first night ride as well. I must be the unluckiest person in the world. Be warned even with a product this well built, it could be broken in the box new.

Similar Products Used: Hope Vision 4 LED
Lumicycle HID system
jt3sd   Weekend Warrior [Oct 11, 2010]
Strength:

Very bright, great beam pattern, easy to charge and set up on the bike, seems to be very durable components and connections.

Heavy.

I got lucky and found this unit on Craigslist for a great deal. I wasn't sure about going for such a high budget item, however, after experiencing my first night ride yesterday, I can honestly say I am glad I spent the $$$. I never out rode the light, and rode for two hours at a mixture of settings. I kept it at the lowest setting for climbing, shut the light off during breaks (which was also a great way to enjoy the city lights views) and then ran full power for the downhill section of the return trip. The battery charger is easy to read and functions very well, with charging and fully charged indicators. Tweaking the lumens vs. light time via the downloadable software is next on the list. Bottom Line: very happy with this light.

Similar Products Used: None
alois   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 2010]
Strength:

Adjustable output, brightness, quality

A little pricey

A great light for technical singletrack. I've ridden with 1200 lumens on the bar and 900 lumens on the helmet--Midnight Sun! I do prefer the whiter light from the HID bulb, though. Good for those who think you can't have too much light.

Similar Products Used: Niterider Firestorm HID
captainjp   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2010]
Strength:

Stupidly bright. Really easy to put on and take off the bike. Handlebar attachment is quick.

1. Costs a lot. 2. Handlebar attachment causes some minor jittering of the light. 3. you have to take the battery out of the 'holster' to charge it. That takes an extra 30 seconds and is only mildly annoying.

I'm really happy with this light.

Similar Products Used: Niterider MOAB
George Hrisoulis   Weekend Warrior [Jan 21, 2010]
Strength:

Bright light with excellant beam projection. Easy to install with rock solid handle bar mount capable of unlimited adjustment. Supporting hardware seems very durable and well designed. Works excellant in cold temperatures down to twenty degrees.

Battery fuel gage is erratic. Battery tray is somewhat awkward to work with during battery disconnect while mounted. The light is water resistant, not waterproof and is a bit expensive.

Other than a few minor weaknesses the light system seems to work well, well designed, and is probably the best in the market at this time.

Similar Products Used: Blackburn X-8
manuel714   Cross Country Rider [Nov 11, 2009]
Strength:

Bright as the sun, very durable headlight with great hard plastic protection,

Very heavy weights, short battery life, brand new battery unproven battery connection

Niterider has lost thier edge over the competition.

This complete light weighs more than 800+ grams claimed on the box and the battery life started to deplete quickly to the last bar on a cool 45-50 degree nightride in less than 1hr on full power.

Also you cannot easily tell what setting you have it on since there is no indicator to show which of the bulbs is on, ie., the spot, the flood or both. Even thier past generation 12Pro-E had two tiny optical lights that lit up above the corresponding bulb.

On full power the light output is impressively bright and even over the trail in front of you. The sides are also lit up.

I returned this light today and ordered the Seca 900 at 1/3 the weight, as well as the 240Lumen Focus Joystick (3hr burntime) for the helmet at only 100grams.

Get this light if you need the brightest without any regard to weight and your night rides are in warmer weather.

Similar Products Used: Niterider Tri-Newt, Dual-Pro, Light & Motion Seca 700,
JimLovewell   Weekend Warrior [Nov 06, 2009]
Strength:

Two size beams, set the exact amount of light you need and for the ride you are doing, lots of light at low settings.

Must keep the battery case straps very tight or the light might go off when you hit a bump at 25mph or above.

I have ridden 150 mi. in the dark with the Pro 1200 already. I commute 30 mi. to work (one way) in the dark and need great lighting as I have a five mile down hill (Palomares) with no street lights and lots 15-20 mi/hr corners and my speed approaches 40 mi/hr. I never felt conferrable riding Palomares until I had five 500 lumens lights, four on the bike and one on my helmet. I have replaced the four 500 lumen bike lights with the one Pro 1200 AND have better visibility. I am thrilled.