NiteRider MiNewt 200 LED Older Lights

• LED Headlamp
  • Handlebar Mount - Fits up to 31.8mm
  • 4.5 HR Smart Charger

xsjadodude   Weekend Warrior [Feb 06, 2012]
Strength:

The light performs extremly well as a spot light but has enough dispersion to be used without an additional flood light.

If you are a serious night rider or do races at night, you will most likely want to purchase a flood light along with this. But im sure if you are either of these, you already planned to do this.

I love this light. I am not a super serious night rider but this light does everything in need. I mount te light on my helmet with the little bands the light come with. Niterider sells a helmet attachment kit, but i dont think it is neccesary. Overall, the bang for the buck is outrageous so buy it at Performance.

eec62   Cross Country Rider [Aug 18, 2010]
Strength:

This is a very small light with lots of power. My wife also has two more of these lights that she has had for a couple years and she brakes stuff left and right. We have used them all over the place including riding across Peru and they are excellent. I am writing this because I saw the other review saying that the beam pattern was too narrow. I had a different light set previously and the wide beam pattern always made me wish I had my wife's Minewt. The lights are really solid too. I would be hard to break one if you tried. Additionally Night Rider has excellent service. My wife hooked one up to the wrong battery and blew the light (she can break anything). We called Night Rider and they wouldn't believe us that the light was broken. They said that they have almost never had one returned and to send it in. We shipped it back and received a new unit at no cost.

I haven't had any problems.

I think it this is a great light set for the size and price. I have ridden trails, 24 hr race and rode with this light. It you are blazing through a dark tight trail you might need more light but I rode single track on the 24 hr race and didn't have any problems. I recommend it to my friends.

TR2009   Weekend Warrior [Dec 31, 2009]
Strength:

Good bright beam in central spot to see where you are going with a large field at enough intensity to see what's around. Lightweight and very compact on the handlebars. Good run time subject to weakness noted below.

This product has a serious shortcoming. If you leave the LED head plugged into the battery with the light switched off, it will run the battery flat in a couple of weeks. So you cannot fit it on the bike and leave it there till you next need it. You need to keep it disconnected until you want to use the light.

For off-road riding I would prefer a wider central spot - its just a bit too narrow for my likings.

Good light but with a serious practical shortcoming.