Jonco Lite Light Older Lights

Jonco Lite Light Older Lights

Jonco Lite Light

[Oct 04, 2002]
Rottenron

Strength:

Works as advertised

NiCad battery is heavier than some others.

This light is just plain good old fashion, durable craftsmanship. No circuit boards, timers, plastic or illuminated diode indicators. Its two metal cased lights, a metal mount, a 3-position toggle switch, a NiCad battery in the shape of a water bottle, and wiring. If you want something simple that works as good or better than other commuter or halogen lights.
To buy this light I called Jonco, asked what options they offer. The owner explained all my choices: single or dual beam, low and high beam wattages, battery life to expect from each wattage and how to properly charge the battery. He said if I should have any problem with it, just call him up and he’ll have me send it for a repair.
I’ve used this light on my road bike for two winters (evening rides) without the first hint of a problem.
In my case the low beam is nearly as bright as an older motorcycle sealed beam headlight, the high beam causes cars to flash their brights at me. You can clearly see in front of you! The ideal user is a roadie or commuter who wants what they pay for; something simple that stands the test of time.

The contact info is a little hard to find. I don’t know why this guy doesn’t advertise more:
Jonco Lite-Light
26778 Oak Avenue
Santa Clarita, CA 91351
Tel: 661-251-5300

Niterider. yuk!

[Jan 09, 2002]
Joey

Strength:

Quality machined aluminum bracket with button head screws. Hinged cam lock mounts. -No plastic. Very white bright light. Simple toggle swith.

NO corners cut here. My family has 4 of these lights and all of them work equally great and we are happy with them.

Night Sun, Night rider

[Jan 09, 2000]
BF
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Excellent beam pattern. Product is a work of (machine) art. Nice to look at in daytime. Excellent brightness. Good switch -- easy to use with winter gloves. Excellent in rain. Strong service from Jonco.

Rubber pads on mounts came unglued. Minor incovenience to re-glue.

Excellent product, excellent service from Jonco. Beautiful to look at in daytime. Very reliable

Nightrider cyclops
Turbocat

[Jun 16, 2000]
Joe

Strength:

Brilliant white light with excellent lighting pattern, solid clamp system, long-lasting battery, simply the best!

I use this light on my daily commute to work and occasional trail riding. The only way I was able to harm this light was through my own stupidity. The customer service from Jonco was beyond all expectations and I heartily recommend one to anyone who is an avid night rider.

Vista Light, NightSun

[Feb 02, 2000]
Tim W.

Strength:

Awesome light quality, very bright white light. Extremely durable system. I have used this in the foulest pacific northwestern weather for about two years and have never had a problem. Switch is by far the easiest to use in the dark, even with bulky winter gloves and cold fingers.

Rubber bushings for clamp don't always stick.

This light rocks! The only trouble that I have had with my light was from my own mistakes and the people at Jonco were most gracious to help me out with no hassle at all.
I only wish more people could use the hard to find system.

Nightsun, Niterider, Cygolite, Vistalite

[Nov 23, 1999]
John
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Very light and easy to use. I don't know what
all the fuss is from other riders is in reference to the mounting system. Nite Rider hascopied
Jonco's design...thats saying something? There service is exceptional.

Jonco's marketing budget must be close to nothing. Nobody seems to know about them.

With there performance and personalized service , you can't beat it!

Other friends have Nite Rider,Nite Sun and
Cateye stadium's. The only one that beats it
would be the stadium

[Nov 22, 1999]
Matt

Strength:

Excellent beams - both are plenty strong for my needs.

I found the quick release-style mounting to be pretty weak. I was unable to get one side to lock in and after 15 minutes of fiddling with it, I just duct taped the mounting to the bars.Now THAT was a solid mounting.

These are excellent lights. In terms of overall quality of the light - I think they rank right up with all the rest in the same price range.I was really frustrated with the mounting, however. If you are going to get these, test out mounting them and make sure you are able to attach them solidly to your bar (without the use of duct tape).

Performance

[Jun 08, 1998]
JR
weekend warrior

Jonco's lights are the greatest!!! He also sells a trick little single bulb helmet light that mounts on top of your brain bucket. Choose either 12 or 20 watts. (12w seems to be adequate). Battery fits into little fanny pack (supplied). Comes complete with with mount, battery, fanny pack, and charger. Great back-up light.. (805) 251-5300.

[Jun 03, 1998]
JR
weekend warrior

These lights are the best I have seen. They are much lighter than Niterider or Nightsun. Pisk your wattage; no problem getting what you want. Relatively trouble free; good warranty; so small you hardly notice them. Quick releases are trick(on and off in seconds). Hard to believe so much light from small bulbs. Mix and match colors; red, black, clear, blue, or violet. In light shootouts in mags this usually blows the others away in every catagory..
For the ultimate light call Jonco at (805)251-5300

[Jan 14, 1998]
TC
weekend warrior

I recently purchased my first set of lights. After reading many reviews and talking to the
locals I went with Jonco's Lite light. It comes standard with a 12 watt flood and a 20 watt
spot that can be upgraded to any combination of 12, 20, or 35 watts. I've been riding with
friends who have the Night Sun lights with a total of 47 watts and the Jonco's at 32 watts are
by far brighter and put more light ahead of you on the trail were it's needed. They are
offered in 5 different colors, attach in seconds with quick release cams, and are very
compact weighing almost nothing. There manufactured locally by an owner who cares about
the riders and will do whatever it takes to make things right. The only bad thing I can say
about these lights is that there hard to find.