JetLites Phantom IR Dual Beam Older Lights

(12W) 30 ft wide x 200ft
    (20W) 55 ft wide x 200ft

• User Reviews (2)

Jim S   Weekend Warrior [Oct 31, 2002]
    Strength:

Very bright, very solid construction

Light head a little heavy.

I've been in the market for a decent headlamp for a while now. I've looked at several different makes including the Niterider, cygolights, cateyes, etc. I went with the Jetlites because one night at Walnut Creek I saw this guy riding along with a portable sun sitting on his head. I asked where what when, he told me that Hammerhead had them. So after some searching I found Hammerhead Bikes. I got the light and a bike (2003 Titus Loco-moto).

Enough of story, the light is awesome. I have to ride on the middle setting of the 3 since the reflected light from the trees tends to wash out the trail when on the cutting torch level. Even on the lowest setting I found I could ride at full speed and worry about over riding my light.

If you are looking for a good head mount light, then Jet is the way to go.
    I had a simple question for Jet lite and sent an email and got a response that day from Jim Taylor. Awesome!!!

My only complaint is that the light head pulls my helmet down. But I will try some helmet adjustment to correct it.

Similar Products Used: Cateye, home made
    OVERALL
    Stafford K   Cross Country Rider [Nov 22, 2001]
    Strength:

Remote Control, 3 light levels, brightness, beam pattern, durability, smart charger

The only remote control helmet light on the market. It is so easy to change light levels while riding with the remote control thumb switch. The button is light touch too so I can do it while riding hard, downhill, etc. The run time is extended beyond 3 1/2 hours when I dial it down when I don't need that much light. It is reliable and tough. BTW, there is no Phantom IR dual beam -- this review is for the Phantom IR single beam.