JetLites i6 Helmet and Bar Older Lights

• 15W Brilliant halogen lamp
  • 3 light level intelligent switching with power saver mode
  • 6V NiMH Canister battery pack
  • i6 intelligent 5 LED fuel gauge
  • Intelligent 5 hr fast charger (typical)
  • Adjustable mounting bracket
  • Run time:
    (7W) 3hrs 10mins
    (10W) 2hrs 20mins
    (15W) 1hr 40mins.
  • 15W Single beam is ideal for most off road riding conditions and commuting
  • Beam pattern 20ft x 150ft
  • Battery weight – 320 grams (11.2 oz.)
    Dim. 2.187" L 1.75" W 3.125" T
  • Light head – 65 grams (2.3 oz)
    Dim. 2.75" x 1.70" x 1.85"

• User Reviews (5)

Dirk ter Veer   Weekend Warrior [Dec 06, 2001]
    Strength:

I've been using the light for trail running. This thing is BRIGHT! It's lightweight enough for a distance runner. At running speeds, the lowest setting is plenty. This will give me at least 3 hours of light.

The light is configured for bike riders. A head strap needs to be developed for hikers/runners.

I am very happy with this light. I was worried about battery weight, but the battery pack is very small & light. This is an awesome light for runners & opens up the trails for me at night. Just be careful about where you point it. It's so bright it will freak out car drivers!

Raul   [Oct 14, 2002]
    Strength:

JetLites and BICycle have shown excellent customer support in identifying the problem (12V vs. 6V bulb) and accepting the product in exchange for the Starfire series.

The i6 light seems to be plenty bright when equipped with the proper bulb - more than adequate for commuting, etc.

The Starfire dual beam is on the other hand VERY bright. The combination of the wide angle 20W bulb and the 15W spot bulb produces an excellent light cone in dusk to pitch black. The light output rivals most cars on the road and does command more respect from passing motorists.

VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER

The i6 came from the factory with a 12V bulb installed instead of a 6V bulb.

i6 - Very bright, had the wrong bulb
    Starfire dual beam - Insanely bright

Similar Products Used: i6, Starfire dual beam
    Raul   Cross Country Rider [Oct 02, 2002]
    Strength:

Low weight, fuel guage, adjustable wattage

Canister mount does not fit well on large tube frames and is somewhat insecure. The light level is effective only in very dark conditions. I'm returning the light for a 12 or 13V version from Jet and probably trying the helmet mount.

Insufficient light output, get a 12V or 13V with a 15W or 20W bulb.

Similar Products Used: None
    John Little   [Oct 24, 2002]

Good product, good company. I had a warranty issue with the original bulb that was resolved in a day; not even a hint of a problem since then. The fuel gage on the battery is a great idea for those of us who often find it difficult to turn for home once we're out on the trail.

On the road I've had oncoming cars flash their lights to get me to turn the thing down; imagine their surprise when I crank it up a notch! I definitely know the "deer in the headlights" look as well. It's only a matter of time before one panics and runs right at me. 5 scorched retinas all around.

Frank   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2004]
    Strength:

Very well thought-out design. It's pretty obvious some thought goes into the product. Not your standard Taiwan-sourced design and parts. For example, breakaway assembly in you snag a tree; solid connector so you don't go dark in the woods all of a sudden. Intelligent charger is also a nice feautre Great customer support. Jim at Jetlites is very knowledgeable and will take the time to explain the technical aspects of the design to you.

Cost, but you also get what you pay for in lesser products (less reliability). Otherwise, none that I can see so far.

I am fairly new to night riding but this light works beautifully. No problems with it at all. It simply runs and illuminates the trail very well (I have a light on my handlebars and helmet as well) I like the brightness adjustability as well as the ease of adjustment for pointing the light.