Gary Fisher Super Nova Older Lights

Gary Fisher Super Nova

Nat   Weekend Warrior [Apr 05, 1999]

Bright, good runtime, several settings, NiCads, QR mount

QR mount

I got this for a good price it seems. $120 from my LBS. I bought it not for night riding but for my early morning commute rides. I WANT to be seen. It's like having a Nite Rider Digital 6 sans fuel gauge. Three settings and runtimes: approx. 2:45 @ 12w, 2:15 @ 15w and 1:45 @ 20w. I timed these myself, give or take a minute or 2. Remote bar switch, uses one button to control all the settings. NiCad water bottle mount battery with master on/off switch and rubber plug covered charging port. Rode it in the rain several times. It is a well sealed light set. My only complaint is the light mount. It is a QR type which is good. The mount itself rides on a bent riser arm that allows an offset so the light body is centered over your bars. This bent piece feels fragile. I am worried I might break it in a crash. Then again I DO have Trek behind it if I ever need a new mount. I'll take a star off for the mount design. All in all though, this light is worth your money.