Trek Vapor Older Helmets

Trek Vapor Older Helmets

Trek Vapor

[Jun 14, 2011]
Elvin Aquino

Strength:

Reasonably priced, not bad when it comes to weight

Designs are a bit dull, but who really cares? =)

Bought this helmet sometime in 2007, but finally broke it last year (2010) on a night ride. We were pedalling on a national road around 2km away from our cars towards the end of the ride. A drunken guy suddenly crossed my path while I was running a 35km/hr or so. I braked suddenly to avoid hitting the guy (couldn't just swerve as there were cars behind us), which sent me hurtling towards the road shoulder. I was able to tuck and roll but I felt my head making impact with the ground at full force. When we got back to our cars a few minutes after the incident, I inspected the helmet and found that the back portion had 3 vertical cracks. This helmet saved my life! And it didn't break the bank too paying for it.

Several Bell helmets, Giro helmets, etc.

[Sep 24, 2010]
Duncan

Strength:

It did its job when it needed to! Great price, good fit, comfortable, cool in the heat.

None that matter to me now.

Yesterday I crashed big time. The left side of my body is one big scab. I pulled muscles I didn't know I had. I got a dozen stitches and it was just dumb luck that I didn't brake any bones.

However at this moment I am sitting here looking at a helmet with two bad cracks in it - cracks that would have otherwise been in my skull. I am delighted to tell you I never had so much as a headache.

[May 05, 2010]
mg

Strength:

Good fit. It saveed my life

Fit adjustment wheel is a tad tricky to turn.

The Trek Vapor saved my life. I was nailed by a car, I was going 20, the car was moving, my head hit & cracked the windshield. Broken nose, broken neck (factures to the spinus processes). When the orthopedist showed me the x-rays, he showed me the neck fractures, then said 'the important part is absolutely no damage to the cranium'. The right front quarter of trhe helmet is gone, but I'm not. I just bought another Vapor. Even though the primary monochrome colors this year are pretty ugly. :)

Garneau Zen

[Jan 03, 2010]
melster

Strength:

Fits very well, no movement once fitted, reasonably priced, and works very well from personal experience.

I had a nasty OTB at Marshall Canyon in Upland. I rolled over head over heels a couple of times, and distinctly thinking "Game Over" when I rolled and saw my head about to smack onto a big rock. I tucked my head down, and instead of my face hitting the rock, the front of the helmet took the brunt of the impact.

The helmet cracked and the band around the back of the helmet broke off, but my head was completely protected thanks to the helmet.

[Jun 03, 2009]
thomllama

Strength:

comfortable, reasonably light, solid!! fits right. .....oh and did I say comfy?

straps a bit hard to adj.. but you only do that once.

I have had a few different helmets, some "higher" end, some cheaper. I have found most of the mid to cheapies fell better. the high end ones just don't sit right on my head. Found this helmet by chance on sale at a shop just outside a trail when I forgot my regular one at home. put it on and haven't used any other since.

I had a pretty major face plant a few weeks ago. hit HARD on the front of my face/head. between the glasses and helmet a lot of damage was averted. the helmet is crushed and cracked in many places in the front, but my skull isn't. only bone I broke was my nose. Helmet did it's job, very well!!

[Oct 13, 2008]
Northern Virginia Rider

Strength:

Protects your head at a reasonable price.

You can argue that safety gear is the one area for which money should be no object, but I suspect the $100+ helmets get you lighter weight more than anything else.

Two days ago I went over the bar and came down hard on my head, shoulder, and back. The Vapor cracked, my skull didn't. All is well.

I went out the next day and bought a new Vapor. It's a helmet that does the job at a very reasonable price.

By the way, keep your receipt when you buy a Vapor, or I imagine any other Trek helmet. On the box it says that if you crash within the first year and damage the helmet, you can send the helmet and receipt to Trek, and they will replace it with a new one.

Earlier generation Vapor.

[Jun 05, 2008]
Nagognog

Strength:

Price, design, comfort, and style.

None noted. Maybe because it was so inexpensive, people might turn up their noses. Silly people! LOL.

I tried all the helmets a large store had to offer. Money was not an object. The Trek Vapor won hands-down. I highly recommend this helmet for riders of all ages.

I had an old Bailen helmet. Cracked in half after a bad fall. It was an excellent helmet, but it was far from comfortable. It was hot, wouldn't stay put. But is saved my head!

[Jun 29, 2003]
IAN

Strength:

-good looks
-good protection
-adjuster knob on back

i hate the trek name, im a little biased what can i say, i like giants.when i take it off after a long ride, sweat just drips down into my eyes and face. thats probably because i have such a mop.

i love this helmet.

trek euphoria. after a couple of bad crashes, LBS replaced it free.

[Oct 09, 2005]
Roland Cuellar

Strength:

Fits good, looks good and is very lightweight. The fine tuning knob is a perfect tweak.

I don't know if there is one. It's kept my nugget in one piece.

This helmet is probably one of the best helmets on the market, and the price is very average joe range. I've done months of research for a good helmet for my son and myself and I must say when I bought this dome for myself, I DONE GOOD! Of course you could go out and pay big dollars for Giro or Giant, but I'm no high roller, so this is a great helmet for people in my neck of the desert.

Bell helmets

[Dec 03, 2001]
Dan Kasper

Strength:

Fit, match, everything

the name trek on it, doesn't work very well when you ride a bike by Giant.

Nice Helmet! Can't wait until I'm home again with the Giant, it will match.

Cratoni Mountain Champ-swear by it.