Giro Ventura Older Helmets

Ventura

Giro Ventura

M   Weekend Warrior [Sep 22, 2006]
Strength:

It looks pretty good

yeah.. the velcro stuff started to fall off my helmet.. but no biggie.. fixed up fine with superglue.. I have no reason to complain about the product... it kept me alive.

I crashed hard! I planted my head squarley onto the concrete sidewalk at 20 mph. This was the best $30 I spent on any one product. I seperated my shoulder, left some skin and bone on the sidewalk, tore muscles in my back, and sprained my neck. But not a scratch or bump on my head. The plastic on the outside of the helmet is really scratched up. There is a big flat spot where the helmet first made contact with the sidewalk... and several rocks imbedded in the helmet. If I hadn't been wearing this.. I would not have walked away from that accident.. and you wouldn't be reading this review. Thanks Giro!

Steve   Cross-Country Rider [Dec 10, 1999]
Strength:

For my head, this helmet fits great and stays put. I bought it on sale (last one) for $20 in a key lime color. Probably the unwanted color, however, I've gotten compliments on the hemet saying the striking green color gives it that pro look.

Great price (that I found) and great fit. This helmet seems to be the lost child of the Giro family because it was never widely advertised/sold from what I've seen. Although not full of vents, it is adequate and has a sleek curving shell profile so it looks good even with the visor off. Sure Giro makes much better hemets in terms of vents - but for $20 and a great fit - this helemt gets 5 stars.

Similar Products Used: Giro Torero
BLintz   Weekend Warrior [Aug 25, 1999]
Strength:

Many.

Few.

For the money, this is a great helmet.
Ten good-sized vents keep the dome adequately cool.
Great fit.
Good look. (Mine is carbon-colored with the fatTRAXX logo and a tire track fading from the front to the back.)
For folks with excess cranium, the Ventura fits better than the rest.
Again, FOR THE MONEY, this is a 5-jap helmet.

Similar Products Used: Bell, Trek, Specialized.
FrankL   Weekend Warrior [Aug 16, 1999]
Strength:

low price, looks okay, roc loc system

could use more vents, didn't fit my head perfectly

Weighs 312g/11 oz., comes in Orange, Blue, White, Black. Seems like my head hits the top of the helmet, but still has a lot of space between the sides of my head and the rest of the helmet. Can fix most of this with rocloc and strap adjustments, but still... .Also could use more vents.

Similar Products Used: Giro Air Attack (old roadie helmet)
Alan   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2000]
Strength:

Fits well, well vented, looks cool.

Strap too long for me

Nice helmet for good price, looks great, fits well, many vents.

Judd   Cross Country Rider [Jul 09, 2002]
Strength:

Relatively well vented; easy strap adjustments

Durability is suspect

This helmet fits my head OK (but that doeesn't really help anyone else). I am not happy with the quality of the helmet though. First the velcro pads that hold the front ends of the Acu-Loc (or whatever Giro is calling the locking system) in place pulled off of the helmet. Then the outer shell popped off of the structural foam. Granted both of these were easily fixed with some glue and tape but these are not things I should have to fix. This helmet was not crashed or dropped either.
I'm still using the helmet because it still works but I've removed teh Giro stickers so I'm not advertising for them on every ride. I'll be switching back to Bell when the time comes to replace this one.