Giro Terramoto Older Helmets

Terramoto

Giro Terramoto Helmet

genex   cross-country rider [Sep 16, 1998]

Just had my worst spill and landed on my head and shoulders and my helmet kept me from having to hold my brains in with my hands. All I have now is a torn up shoulder and sore neck and my skull is as good (or bad) as it was before...

gabriel bozo   downhiller [Aug 30, 1997]

this is the best product since well , the full suspention bike, granted its alittle expence, it may not have all the bells a whisles it coul for its price, this thing saved my life, litterly, from a tree i was goint to a head on course, i looked down at my computer it said 29, i hit a tree, with the top of my head whin i was bent over, i litterly bounced 3 feet uff the tree, beacus my neck was streight, granted i hert, bet i did not even dent the helmet, well maby a little one, 1/2 a millimeter, probly from a rock after i bounced, buy it buy it now

P.Blum   cross-country rider [Dec 23, 1996]

This is one of the great values in helmets -- especially since you can pick the Terramoto up for under $70 on sale from Performance (watch the catalogs). This was their top of the line until they introduced the Supermoto last year, but there's been no change in quality! Great helmet, good ventilation, good fit. Strongly recommended.

Tony R.   [Dec 16, 1996]

This helmet feels great and feels awesome. The Roc-Loc makes sure that the helmet stays on your head. Ventilation is good as well. I was able to get last year's model at Performance Bicycle Shops on sale for $50. No sticker shock here!

Edward Sholl   cross-country rider [Nov 22, 1996]

Is this a killer helmet or what?! It feel so comfy and secure, like a vice around your
head. The colour scheme is subtle, nothing a NO FEAR sticker or two won't fix.
A bit pricey though, but if you can afford it, go for it.

T Lutz   cross-country rider [Jun 24, 1996]

I was given the Terramoto as a gift about one month ago. Although fairly expensive, the helmet is very impressive. The 'Roc Loc' feature keeps the helmet in place on jarring downhills, while the visor is fastened on with special screws (as opposed to velcro or something). The ventilation of the helmet has been great, and I have enjoyed being able to concentrate on riding, rather than being bothered by a loose helmet. The color scheme is pretty cool too!

Jerry Kasai   cross-country rider [Feb 25, 1997]

This is a very good helmet. I got it for a CHEAP price and they use them
in nationals and international races. I saw one at a downhill race. Get
that!!! It is a great helmet. Look for sales you can get them cheap.(Hey I got mine a REI for $40!!!)