Bell Psycho Pro Older Helmets

Psycho Pro

Bell Psycho Pro

Tim   weekend warrior [Mar 25, 1998]

As a reluctant crash test dummy I can say that this helmet works!! 30mph over a jump and head first staraight into an embankment. I broke the helmet in half. I limped away with two broken vertabra a mangled front wheel and nothing more than a bruise on the noggen. I'm restricted to my trainer indoors for awhile but I've already ordered another helmet. By the time it gets here I'll be ready for the dirt again. My only complaint is that the straps get out of adjustment easily, which means fooling with it before every ride. Deduct one Chili

Jonatan Gernes   weekend warrior [Oct 29, 1997]

Bell Psycho ProIt saved my life. I had only used my brand new Bell Psycho Pro for one hour and twenty minutes when I fell. The doctor said I would have died if it hadn't been for the helmet. Unfortunately it didn't save my shoulder, I have to rest for 5-6 weeks, but THAT I can live with ... Today I bought a new helmet and yes, it too is a Bell Psycho Pro. Why? It has saved my skull once, why change a winning team, and it looks great, fits nice, keeps cool but most importantly, I got it for half the price because the shop-owner felt so sorry for me!!!

Mike Chen Wei Han   Weekend Warrior [Jun 10, 2000]
Strength:

Great fit,protection,price,looks....

This helmet saved my life a few times already.
Once,I crashed into a tree and even broke the tree into 2 pieces!!Wow,I was surprised to find myself alive.
I suffered concussion but nothing else maybe some scratches here and there.
Thanks Bell!!

Courage For Your Head!!!!

Similar Products Used: giro
Hans Persson   Weekend Warrior [Nov 06, 1999]
Strength:

Very good fit

Ventilation

Fits my head perfect. I tried a few other helmets i shops, but could not get a good fit. Weakness is that the ventilation is insufficient in warm weather.

Similar Products Used: None
Mike McKone   Cross-Country Rider [May 25, 1999]

The Psycho Pro fits very well, is easy to adjust, and stays adjusted okay. It is an okay cool weather helmet but has inadequate ventilation for warm weather or hard riding.

Ed   Cross-Country Rider [May 14, 1999]
Strength:

Price
Fit
Weight

I picked mine up for $20 at a performance clearance center. I think it may have been in the wrong box, but who am I to tell the friendly salesman he's not doing his job.Once I got the right pads in it, it fit my head perfect. I love the Full Nelson thing. It feels like the helmet wont come off even without the straps.I've been using my Psycho Pro for over a year now, and have not had to adjust it once since setting it up the first time.

Adam   cross-country rider [Jan 13, 1999]

I got my Psycho for $65 compared to the original $109. I haven't had time
use it yet (its winter here!!);P but I think it should be good. It fits
really nicely but the Full Nelsoncan be a pain in th ass to set up. I had a
Bell Vertigo before but it started to fall apart and the shell was coming off.;P

Javier   cross-country rider [Mar 13, 1998]

I have this helmet for about 7 months and every ride is as unconfortable as the one before. I guess I have something of a masoquist (just :) ) 'cause I keep using it. The straps as with all Bell helmets, are just to damm narrow and I can never find the right set up between the back ones and the front ones. It always end up either pulling front the front or back. Other than this I like the compact finish without the outer layer of plastic held all around by that thin black tape common to the other helmets. The retention system is just OK.

Marvin   downhiller [Mar 04, 1998]

It's a pretty ok helmet for the price. You get rear vents and a visor but it's uncomfortable as hell. The padding sucks and the shape just doesn't fit my head. The straps that it comes with are too damn short and the helmet slips. 1 chili for not being comfy

Chuck Woo   weekend warrior [Oct 10, 1997]

BELL PSYCHO PRO. I got this helmet for $50 and when I got home I realized the price was so low because it's last years model. Oh well, I get to miss out on some new, gaudy graphics. I haven't crashed yet (it's hard to get skull bongos out here in Marin because most of what we get to ride are fire roads) so I'm taking their word for it that it'll protect me. I just wanted to say what a revelation it is to have one of these modern helmets, compared to my last one from 1993. The new helmets have more protection for the back of the head, more vents (around 14 or 15 vs. 5 in my old helmet!), and look much cooler due in part to the well-designed Bell visor. The main reason to get a modern helmet, though, is the retention device. My helmet stays where I put it now, without my constantly reaching up to push it back in place. How cool is that?!? And hey, the Psycho Pro is cool looking and not too expensive. If I ever get in a crash and am still able to write a follow-up, I'll grant the fifth pepper! - Chuck