Bell Nemesis Pro Older Helmets

Bell Nemesis Pro

Avaruuslehmipoika   Weekend Warrior [Jun 14, 2009]
Strength:

Visor popped of nicely every time I dropped the thing on the pavement or floor. Didn't break until the helmet was 10yr old. Two sets of removable pads inluded. Nice looks.

Elastic strap in the back will die by UV-light over time. Changed it for two times, DIY style.

Production date was back in the 1998, so it makes my Bell Nemesis Pro 11 years old. Now I'm looking for new one, probably Bell again.

Similar Products Used: None
Kitty   Weekend Warrior [Feb 19, 2009]
Strength:

The structure, the dialed looks.

It's not choady at all.

This helmet is the best helmet I have EVER used. It is so not choady. The choadosity of it is very low. It fits perfectly like that condom you just put on before you de-virginize your 17 year old girlfriend. Love it, recommended for anyone.

Similar Products Used: Hat
Scott Clements   Racer [Sep 09, 2001]
Strength:

This helmet is great, it has good ventelation, fits like a helmet should. It even stays on my head without the strap!!! It is a snug, fit, it doesn't just sit of ur head!!!

Not full microshell, and foam dents easily. But who cares!!!
velcro stuff looses its stickiness, I had 2 replace it.

This is a good helmet for just about any purpose. It looks awsome, and fits good. Needs a full fusion wrap around!!! It has the best viser, and is so comfy, u dont even know its there!!! Looks awsome with Rudy Project Tayo sunglassas!!!

Similar Products Used: um, Image 2000, (but more vents)
Richard Bloomfield   Weekend Warrior [Sep 25, 2001]
Strength:

Fits great. Very easy to setup out of the box. Real good price. Like the visor. I can still see through the slits
when I have my head down. I cycle to work, and this helmet is really easy on the hair.

None yet.

My old Bell helmet saved my head in a crash which broke my arm; so I have to feel good about Bell. The Nemesis compares to other models costing much more.

Similar Products Used: Bell
Tim Olson   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2003]
Strength:

Light weight, VERY well ventilated, fits perfect (on me anyway)

Zero

Love this helmet!!!! When I first put it on, it was like putting on your old favorite baseball cap. Seriously, I didn't adjust it or even click the chin strap and it fit like a glove!!!! It also is very well ventilated. I never thought that "ventilation" was a very big deal nor could you really feel the difference. Man was I wrong!!!! I can actually feel the breeze hitting my mellon. It gets pretty hot in the Inland Northwest so this helmet helps a ton!! Light weight too. Little pricy but good things usually are. At least this one is!!!! Try one out!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Specialized and older Bell's
Mike   Cross Country Rider [Jul 31, 2001]
Strength:

Keeps your head cool. Fits good. Looks like a million.

Well, it IS a helmet...

I don't have that much experience with helmets. I've been riding without it for over 5 years. But it wasn't ½ as bad as I thought it would be. Actually it made my driving slightly more aggressive and daring.

Similar Products Used: None (I just grew up!)
Brian   [May 21, 2000]
Strength:

Fits my head like a glove. Great ventilation. Great looks. Top of the line. High safety rating.

None come to mind.

Bottom line: this thing fits my head like a glove. I tried on everything in the store and this is it. I felt like I was betraying Specialized, since it was their helmet that saved my life a week ago in a 4 foot head-first dive. But I couldn't get over how comfortable this thing was. The runner up in my "taste test" was the Giro Gila, but it sat too high on my head and didn't come down as far in the back. So in terms of comfort, looks, and safety I felt this was the best choice for an XC helmet, and you can't put a price on that. I happily paid my LBS the $85 and will do so again when it is time for another (which hopefully won't be anytime soon)... 5 flaming turds and two thumbs up, way up.

Similar Products Used: Specialized
Adam   Weekend Warrior [May 21, 2000]
Strength:

Mad ventilation, you'd swear there's an A/C unit strapped to your head except the thing is featherlight
Oh, and it saved my life once coming off a jump the wrong way

The silly little visor snapped in half. I need to break down and get prescription shades so I can do without that thing.

This helmet rocks. Was dirt jumping on my cruiser wearing it and went to the hostpital, but didn't die; helmet saved my life. (I ordered a full-face yesterday so next time I'll not even make that trip to the ER.) Oh, and it comes in yellow, so that's cool, too. Shameless plug: if you live near Wash. DC, and want this lid, check out College Park Bikes, they're like $80 or something cheap like that (mail-order pricing, but you get to support your LBS - cool).