Bell Image 2000 Older Helmets

Bell Image 2000

Megan   [Feb 18, 2003]
Strength:

Got it for $20, comfy, fits well, mostly good air flow

forhead gets wetter than monsoon season, little heavy

For $20 this is a good deal for some one without a lot of cash to spend. If most of your money is going to books and tuition this is a good use of money. It's a little heavy and makes my forehead sweat even more than my crappy old helmet. The rest of the air flow is good though, the top of my head stays cool. It fits really snuggly without having to choke myself with the strap, or compress my head to make the thing stop moving. I like the back locking system. It's pretty comfy too. Beats wearing a foam cooler on your head. Don't know if I'd spend the MSRP, go with something a little lighter if you are gonna fork over that dough, but can't pass it up for cheap.

Similar Products Used: really crap old bell helmet
Winston Yin   Cross Country Rider [Jul 11, 2001]
Strength:

Nice colour scheme
Lots of adjustment (Many many straps)
Snug fit
Umm.. you just feel secure going down a hill with it on

None so far!

Good helmet from a decent company, solid product well worth the money, and it will save your life! Highly recommended.

Similar Products Used: Many crap ones..
Pedro Branco   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 2001]
Strength:

Back head protections
Tight Fit

A bit hot

It protected me from severe head injurys when I was hit by a car, the back of the helmet was destroyed, absorving all the impact energy
well done bell! Possibly saved my life.

Beast Boy   Weekend Warrior [Apr 13, 2001]
Strength:

Strong, Durable, Adjustments, Weight, Ventilation

There are none except for the fact that mine is broken now.

This helmet saved my bacon (once again) today. Jumping at the local jumps I face planted from a height of about 6 feet and at a speed of about 30Km/h.

Anyway, if I hadn't been wearing this helmet my skull would be crushed to pulp at the front. Good work BELL. You saved me once again.

Similar Products Used: Bell Tsunami Pro
Sherman   Weekend Warrior [Mar 10, 2001]
Strength:

Good protection all around for all types of crashes
Excellent fit
Lots of adjustment
Long straps for making the adjustments

Color Scheme

I got this off of a crash replacement for my Evo 2 helmet. It is an excellent helmet. I cannot really comment on the value of the helmet but I think I got a great deal since it came off of crash replacement. Overall it is light and not too big. Fits very well with a lot of adjustment possibilities, much more than my Evo 2, the visor has more studs to keep it in place whereas my old evo 2 would have the visor move around. Not too crazy about the colors offered, I just selected the silver one which is probably the best color. They are using pads instead of the quick wick band that they used to have which seem to work alright. Vent holes are a lot bigger so you can get a finger in there to scratch your head.

Great helmet, colors may deter some buyers but some may actually like the colors. I give it a five

Similar Products Used: Bell Evo 2
Greg Lawrence   Cross Country Rider [Sep 27, 2000]
Strength:

This was a great fitting helmet(till I trashed it) the fit was superb and the only make I could find that really felt snug on my head. It replaced a specialised helmet and was definately cooler/lighter than it's predecessor. And to be honest I thought it looked cool too!

None that I discovered

I bounced on this helmet onto a rock from over six foot up(don't ask, you really do not want to know the answer), the bottom line, it saved my life....I even broke off a peice of the rock in the process....all I suffered was a few moments of sparklies and a bruised shoulder. The helmet was destroyed. If you want a reason to buy this helmet....160lbs(+ 25lbs of bike) from six feet to rock, and I walked away, nothing more to say!

Similar Products Used: Specialised
Justin Chambers   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2000]
Strength:

Good ventilation, great colors, perfect fit for my tiny head

Strange Visor with the flip up design, a little steep price for a BELL

Great helmet for any sized head. Good colors, padding, and ventilation.

Similar Products Used: Other bell models
Paul   Cross Country Rider [Jun 19, 2000]
Strength:

cheap

ZERO ventilation

I bought this helmet because I'm a cheapskate and Bell was offering $20 off with the trade-in of an old lid. In terms of crash protection, this helmet is fine, though I've been lucky enough not to find out firsthand.
However, in terms of ventilation, this helmet is HORRIBLE! There are plenty of vents, but they're all too small, and do not allow enough air to pass through them. I've ridden around 500 miles using this helmet, and even on cool days, it feels like someone is standing over me with a blowtorch pointed at my head. My old Tsunami Pro, which was cheaper than the Image2000 and was fairly low on Bell's helmet totem, was MUCH better ventilated.
Bottom line: Buy this helmet if you like heat, and large amounts of sweat dripping into your face as you ride. Otherwise, stay away, especially if you live in a hot climate.
As for me, I've heard good things about Specialized's high-end lid. I may pick one up and keep the Image2000 as a backup.

Similar Products Used: Bell Tsunami Pro
Aaron Bitterman   Weekend Warrior [Feb 22, 2000]
Strength:

Very light, fits nice and snug, lots of vents. Groovy colors.

Visor attachment is pretty cheesy. Haven't broken it yet, but I can feel it comming.

Great helmet. It's very light but still very strong. Great fit. I got mine in a nasty swamp green color! Definitiely 5 flamers!

Similar Products Used: Other Bells, Giro.
Bill   Weekend Warrior [Feb 03, 2000]
Strength:

Solid feel, light weight, plenty of air

Joke visor attachment, obviously it is not designed to last, snapped off first day of ownership. I hope plastic lock at back of neck is stronger and lasts.

A very good light weight helmet, let down by poor visor attachment design. I got it for $29.99 plus shipping from Pricepoint. Bell must improve visor attachment to justify full price charge.