Bell Forza 2 Pro Older Helmets

none lots   Downhiller [Sep 29, 2001]

lots

Similar Products Used: none
Scott   weekend warrior [Mar 30, 1998]

Bought the Forza 2 Pro after trying other Bell and Giro helmets. Really liked the fit and feel of this helmet over the others. Was the only helmet I could put on and forget I was wearing. Guess the extra money was worth the extra comfort. Luckily, I can't provide a crash report yet.....

eric   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 01, 1999]

this helmet just saved my skull. had to pick rocks out of the shell. awesome helmet. bought another one but had to pay $40 bucks, not on sale this time. still best investment i have made. have to give it 5 more chilies. i'ld give it 50 if i could.

Clay   Cross Country Rider [Apr 26, 2001]
Strength:

Looks Good, Good fit. Price was great...

none...

Well, I had this baby for 6 months... Ringin out the sweat band was all I had to do. Till the other day...Heading down a steeeep desent with weak arms... and a tired body..
Oh Oh....OVER the bars...and Whack!! Side of helmet off this Log.. Thought for sure I was Bleeding. Nope. Cracked the tape portion of the helmet around the edge. Went to trade in today... The darn thing has done it's work!!

Similar Products Used: Old Cheap things...dish rags....etc...
Keith   Racer [Apr 02, 2001]
Strength:

Good fit, comfortable even on long days, fairly breezy.

LARGE.

Used for road riding -- good helmet for the money. I trust Bell from experience with their motorcycle helmets - strong and solid, even with the ample venting. However, when compared to helmets like Giro at a similar pricepoint, the Bell is HUGE on my head. The FIT is fine, but the overall size of the helmet is larger than others. I basically look like mushroom-head on the road - but this will likely help if I ever do test this helmet for real, ie. me vs. pavement.
Even on a double century last year, this helmet remained comfy and breezy. In retrospect, I might have chosen Giro, just for the looks...otherwise, happy.

Similar Products Used: Trek label helmet "Vapor"
Chris   Cross Country Rider [Apr 01, 2001]
Strength:

Somewhat reasonable price; pinchless neck-strap

style

It still amazes me that helmets cost so much. They are nothing more than foam wrapped in Coke bottle plastic. Some sell for $160? It is CRAZY! These things are safety equipment, not luxury items! Shame on Gyro, Specialized, and Bell for gouging people for what costs < $10 in materials.

I chose this helmet because it was the cheapest helmet I could find that actually had some good cooling vents and didn't look like crap. My only gripe is that although the fit is snug, it just looks huge on my head. But it works, and that is what counts.

Similar Products Used: Bell Image Pro (this one really sucked)
Dylan Mendicino   Weekend Warrior [Feb 24, 2001]
Strength:

Nice speedy looks, Looks great with and without the peak, the peak is strong also, Strong as well!

Cost a little more than i thought, Needs more air holes, Didnt come in much smaller sizes to fit MY head!

A Helmut with great looks! and a nice atitude!, Requires adjusting, as a click that doesnt pinch your neck! the Padding is soft also.

A good XC helmut, A good all round helmut, And it aint so shabby.

4 Flaming Chilis for Value, 3 for comfort, 5 for looks, and 4 over all!

Similar Products Used: HRC Exit
Lee Warren   Weekend Warrior [Jan 13, 2001]
Strength:

Looks good, feels good and cheap

Sit to high on my head and rubs my forehead when worn for a while

Very good helmet, i rode in to a tree very fast this morning and it took the impact very nicly with just a small scratch. Very adjustable but not enough colours to choose from. Exellent lid!!

Similar Products Used: Odyssey Apache DH
Robbie   Cross Country Rider [Jan 09, 2001]
Strength:

cool look, great feel, appears to be strong (have not crashed with it yet) (it;'s still winter and I can't ride)price

When talking off the visor I srated the helmet that's all and that's no big deal since all have lot's of those come summer

Great helmet at a great price, 20-50$ is defineltlyy worth it cause it could mean saving your life.