Bell Evo 2 Pro Older Helmets

Evo 2 Pro

Bell Evo 2 Pro

Matt   Weekend Warrior [Jun 01, 2007]
Strength:

I really like the style and the comfort.

I personally haven't found any.

I went out for my first ride mtb'n on the Chubb trail on my new Mongoose bike without a helmet and about 45 minuetes later With no reflectors left on the bike, a broken chain and racing heart we found our selves at the bike shop getting a new chain and a new helmet. I bought this helmet on clearance since I liked the style and the fit was good, a plus was the color matched my bike too.

I have had this helmet for years and years now and never had to use it, knock on wood. Hope to never have to come back and tell you how well it worked in a crash.

The reason I am here to post is this is due to the fact that the pads have warn out and I am trying to find a set to replace them. Wish me luck!

Similar Products Used: none. This is the first helmet I ever bought and so far I haven't had to replace it.
steve   Cross Country Rider [Nov 19, 2002]
Strength:

great fit, reasonably light

permanently attached visor

Have been using this as my primary helmet for four seasons, and it was due for retirement. It was forced into that mode after it saved me from a life threatening injury in late October, 2002. I took a header in rough, loose rock, downhill terrain 14 miles from our vehicle. Landed head first, then shoulder, then hip. Helmet cracked thru 1/3 of the way around, but totally absorbed the shock of the impact. No bump or anything else on my head. Shouler dislocated and grade 3 (complete) separation. Hip contusion. Any helmet that delivers protection in this type of crash is tops in my book!

Similar Products Used: several Bell, Giro
WALT LEAUMONT   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 1999]
Strength:

FIT,COMFORT, PROTECTION

SWEAT FLOW

I AM PROBABLY ABLE TO TYPE BECAUSE OF THIS PRODUCT!!! Did a wicked endo an hit a rock at full force right above the Bell logo. Helmet trashed but my head is ok.....belive the ads people

Miggy   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 18, 1999]
Strength:

Looks, fit, adjustability

ventilation, where the hell is my sweat supposed to go?

This helmet looks good, is light, and fits very well. The only problem is the so-called sweat guards. They don't do a friggin thing! People are always asking if I am crying when I fly past them, but the truth is that the sweat from my head blows right past the sweat guards and right into my eyes. Anyway, I have a funny-shaped head so I guess it doesn't work right for me. But I reccomend it. FIVE BURNING TURDS!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Other Helmets
Stu   Racer [Jul 18, 1999]
Strength:

Shell design

Ventilation

This helmet is well engineered and fits pretty well. I completely disagree that it is well ventilated, however. I find it to have POOR air flow, and it has a propensity to force sweat right down the middle of your face. I find myself constantly pushing the the front part of the helmet down to squeegy sweat out of the pads. As compared with helmets that have center/forehead vents, this helmet leaves a lot to be desired. The securing straps are also really thin which makes it feel less solid than others I've used.

Similar Products Used: Giro, Cratoni, Specialized
Uncle Kevin   cross-country rider [Oct 03, 1998]

Myself and all my riding team use the Evo Pro 2. I've never used the old retention system but the new one feels like Michael Jordan is palming your head. Extremely comfy. Also very good company support. I cracked my Avalanche and sent it back. Since they no longer make the Avavlanche, they upgraded me to the Evo Pro 2 for a handling fee of $30. Not bad considering the Avalanche was a leftover 96 helmet I bought for $50 from Performance Jan 97 They also send you a certificate for your membership in the Saved By the Bell Club when you wreck your helmet. Bottom line, I crashed, helmet cracked, skull didn't!

joe   cross-country rider [Mar 13, 1998]

You know what i seriously like this helmet because it looks cool and keeps you cool during those 25 mile races we all enjoy, But there is one bad side to this helmet if the visor hits a tree or any thing in its way the visor will flip up so I will give it 4 hot tomales.

Repost   weekend warrior [Mar 24, 1998]

I've posted it before but I just had to do it AGAIN!!! Just can't believe what a good deal it was. I'll give it another 5 CHILIS so that's 10 from me!!! Damn, i look cool and I feel cool. Luv this helmet. I might buy another one in a different COLOR!!!

Ray   [Mar 18, 1998]

For $39, how can you go wrong with this high class helmet? Just got mines from Supergo and it's much better than my Gyro Incline. The vents provide tremondous amounts of air and there's air canals inside the helmet to guide it. The visor lets in the some because it has some cutouts but I wear sunglasses so it doesn't bother me much. No Tacky tape and exoskeleton design is awesome.

pedal   cross-country rider [Jul 22, 1997]

Looks ok (a little 'big' looking for me), build quality just ok - not exceptional, feels well vented and cool....butThat crap 'Quickwick' system is a product design disaster. On any serious ride the pad overloads and proceeds to pump a flood onto the inside of my glasses, face and very accurately into my eyes. On a training ride this is annoying but in a race it really sucks (check the streams down Paul Rowney's face (he's wearing an EVO2pro) on the cover of the July MBA).So my dog had some fun chewing up the quickwick pad. However, because the thinnest ordinary pads that Bell supplied were too thick to fit over a thin sweatband (now there's a system that works) I had to take a scalpel and halve the front pads for thickness. Now things are working ok but this sort of fix is crap for a helmet in this price range and is a serious chilli reducer.