Magura Gustav M Hydraulic Disc Older Disc Brakes

Gustav M Hydraulic Disc

Tech features: No compromise fully hydraulic disc brake system with a twin piston floating caliper and fully automatic pad wear adjustment. Slotted stainless steel rotors, 190mm diameter front and 160mm diameter rear. Aluminium brake lever (master cylinder) with expansion chamber and a forged 2-finger lever blade with reach adjust. 5 years leakproof warranty on both brake lever and brake caliper!

Derek   Downhiller [Mar 16, 2001]
Strength:

-Excellent Power
-Excellent Modulation
-Easy to work on
-Split clamp lever
-quiet

-More drag than I would like
-Rotor is not very straigt

The power of these brakes is very impressive. Far more powerful than my formula discs I rode for over a year. Excellent modulation and quiet operation. They are very easy to bleed and parts are not to hard to get. I am not sure what is up with the torx bolts on the resevoir. Seems like phillips would work just as well, why be wierd. My issues with them is a fair amount af drag, I know they are designed to drag some but it seems like mine drag more than they should. I Have tried spacers and still have drag. Also my rotors are not at all straight, which adds to the drag. The rotor is also aluminum on mine which doesn't seem like the best material, I guess the new ones are stainless. A good brake over all, I can't really rate value as they came on the bike.