Truvativ X-Forge Triple Older Cranks

Available in 22-32-42 chainring configuration.

ht   Weekend Warrior [Jul 27, 2010]
Strength:

they worked good for the 2 years i had them, i have a spesialized hard rock pro (03) like the other ppl on here

after i got my hard core action out of it i use the bike as transportation, i never staked or missused it, the left arm would constantly come louse and ended up striping, then after i bought a new left arm, one day i was rideing up hill and the right arm snaped in the middle, i had never seen this happen to any other bikes on any other cranksets, i was infurrrated by this, i will never buy a truvative part aegain, thats suposto be the last part that brakes on you,

dont use truvative, just dont

Similar Products Used: unfortunatly its been 4 years synce and i have yet to replace the crank set due to funding issues
bikeybike   [Jun 09, 2003]
Strength:

works well for low $$$, no problems

not top of the line

can hardly tell the difference between expensive XTR- Race Face and this inexpensive crankset.

it works good , no problems

Similar Products Used: XT , XTR , Race face
bikeybike   [Jun 09, 2003]
Strength:

works well for low $$$, no problems

not top of the line

it works good , no problems

Similar Products Used: XT , XTR , Race face
John Renshaw   Cross Country Rider [May 09, 2007]
Strength:

lasted a while, light and rigid. I didn't have problems of creaking. Seemed to be fine until one day......

broke the right crank arm, snapped right off as I started a climb.

Decent cranks for the price. Check for hairline cracks every once in a while and don't plan on jumping big or hitting big drops.

Similar Products Used: Race Face, never broke these SOB's
olopod   Cross Country Rider [Nov 15, 2002]
Strength:

look good

creak, creak, creak

LBS creak set me up creak with a good frame creak and some lower end creak components to creak get started in creak a full suspension creak bike. Figured creak I would upgrade as creak things broke creak.

Half-way creak thru my creak first ride creak the cranks started creaking creak-creak. Took the bike creak back to the shop creak and they creak checked the creak cranks. Removed the creak cranks and BB, creak cleaned them and reset them creak-creak.

Creak creak creak on the next ride. Driving me freakin' creakin' nuts. Looks like I've got to dole out some cash and put in a new bottom bracket and cranks ($$$). Dang, I really wanted to start by replacing the forks and wheels.

2 flamin' turds since they work OK, and I guess they let me get into a FSB cheap. Of course they may force me to run off a cliff just to shut them up.

Graham   [May 05, 2005]
Strength:

Good for the money

Right arm snapped right off while peddling...Creaks so much

These cranks are really sturdy, but today i was just riding and the right arm snapped. This bike has never seen more than a two foot drop and dirt jumping the only time any real stress came i snapped my seatpost from being tweaked in the air and didn't even land on the cranks.I noticed they had bent out a bit after looking at the broken arm. I don't recommend putting these cranks through a lot if you own them, as they might bend or break at a really inoppurtune time. These cranks should only be used for light cross country or commuting.

Similar Products Used: none for long
NIck   [Mar 25, 2005]

These arms came on my Hardrock Pro, and worked well for a year. Then, one day when I went to get on my bike, the right arm snapped. That's right, the -arm-. The bracket didn't round, the thing just snapped outwards.

The folks at the shop where I got it asked me what the heck I was doing with the bike, but I only do some light trail riding and bunny hop curbs on my way to class. And I was a few months past the 1 year warranty too.

Sorry, I can understand breaking the bracket as a stress point, but the arm should -not- go like that.

F is for Fail.

Adam Wilson   Cross Country Rider [Feb 07, 2004]
Strength:

The Creaking! It really does. It breaks easy.

The creaking is really annoying, and it doesn't help to have the duke sls, which are also known for their knocking on every little compression. I did a 5 foot drop with the crank, and guess what happened? I bent it. Don't buy this unless all you do is pedal on paved paths.

Similar Products Used: -
tom   Weekend Warrior [Oct 21, 2004]
Strength:

good while it lasted...

weak

im pretty heavy - 100kg (200pds) but ive never seen a crank bend as much as this. went off a 1.5m drop onto grass and it bent so much it couldnt be ridden - cranks moved too much. really warped where bb fits into crank arm. before that was good but - recommend for lighter riders, or for lighter riding. came on bike but i assume it would be relatively inexpensive. probs good value. better than the shimano equivalent by far

Similar Products Used: ac forged, shimano
B   [Mar 14, 2006]

Came stock on my '03 hardrock. I ride lightly, around town, light trails, nothing hard core. These cranks are fine for my needs, although they do creak. I took the cranks as well as the right side cup (couldn't get the left side) off, cleaned a little, regreased and put everything back together, no creaks. I also tightened the rear derailleur mounting screw (creaks have been known to come from here too).

The hardrock is a great bike that is one step up from the bottom of the line. I've owned hardrocks for the past 17 years. They've done me well.