White Brothers XC4 Front Shock

XC4

• Total Travel: 72.5mm (2.85")
  • Damping: Total Air System
  • Features: Precision integrated bridge assembly, oversized 32mm stanchions, wet bath lubrication, torque box crown, Easton® Steerer

• User Reviews (12)

sam0035   Racer [May 06, 2011]
    Strength:

durable, not that heavy, nice looking overall great fork

not as much travel

great fork a little bit old but can still keep up with the competition

Jason Dubin   Weekend Warrior [Aug 23, 2003]
    Strength:

This fork responds with a great aggressive attitude. It is wiiling to accept just about anything that you can throw at it,with finess. The look is great and the white brothers name is not to well known so you wont see to many of them around. So feel lucky to be an owner and rider of one of these xc4's.

Have not really found anything major except for when it cry's if I dont ride her.

A great fork for an aggressive or cross country rider. It holds up extremely well(I have been ridding it hard in Colorado for the last year).

Similar Products Used: A demo fork from WB
    Jeff   Racer [Oct 25, 2001]
    Strength:

Light, smooth, infinitely adjustable, torsionally stiff

You may get lots of riders trying to stop you to ask about it.

I've been riding and racing on the XC-4 for a year and a half. After 10-12 hours of break-in, the fork became buttery smooth. They are easy to work on and stay clean and functional in even the worst conditions. The fork increased my technical riding abilities significantly. Riding over roots that run diagonally to the trail used to redirect me, now I can cross these roots straight down the trail and not worry about picking the "right line". The air cartridges are infinitely adjustable. You can set up the stiffness, the rebound and the dampening. The air cartridges have not leaked air yet. I check them every other month and have never found them low on pressure. If you want a fork that will tackle the trail and will go where you point it, you should check this puppy out. Avoid the usual rat pack with their generic forks. Lead the trail.

Similar Products Used: Judy, Judy with Total Air Cartridges, Sid, Marzocchi Bomber
    Chris   [Jun 20, 2006]
    Strength:

Look, Stiffness, weight

Have some disassembly to adjust.

Very nice Fork. I have only had it a short time so far but it seems very nice. If it is as good as my 2005 White Brothers XC.8 I will be one happy camper. It took a little while to set up but it functions great. You cant feel it working it just works. Super adjustable set it as firm or soft as you like. I Really like my other WB fork it is a set it and forget it deal. Just keep up on service and you will be great for a long time.

Similar Products Used: White Borthers XC-4, Rock Shox Psylo Gold, Marzocchi Marathon S, Manitou Mars, Manitou SX, Marzocchi Z-5
    Jim   Racer [Nov 20, 2000]
    Strength:

stiff! Steers precise, not like a crosscountry fork, excelent finish, trusty tuneable air cartridge

making initial tuning adjustments is a bit laborious

I wanted to write something concerning White Bros. customer service.It's vastly improved. I 've had some of the same problems with them in the past as a few of the other reviews talk about, but I recently sent them my fork, damaged in a crash, they replaced the damaged parts, and sent it right off without charging me a thing, All in a timely manner.
    Of course the fork handles like no other cross country fork out there. I couldn't believe how the handling of my bike changed when I put this fork on. Don't waste your money on a fork that's half a pound lighter, it won't steer.

Similar Products Used: most stuff
    Dave Youngstarr   Weekend Warrior [Nov 04, 2000]
    Strength:

It feels very good, performs well, and White Brothers has excellent product service. I also like it because White Brothers is a different name that hardly anyone over here knew about.

It doesn't perform well when i have been drinking.

Weight doesn't matter. It's the condition of the rider and part quality, and SoftTail rocks!

Similar Products Used: RockShox Sid SL
    t g   Cross Country Rider [Jul 28, 2000]
    Strength:

service

price

I just got this shock for cheap and have not used it yet but thought that the white bros. service deserves mention. I need to have a new steerer tube installed since i wanted to put this shock on a new bike. i mailed the shock out on friday and received the repaired shock in the mail the following friday! I am very impressed with the turnaround. When i called them, they responded promptly and promised a quick turnaround, which they lived up to. a word on the weight: they advertise 3.0 lbs. it is 3lbs 3 oz.

Similar Products Used: rockshox sid xc
    matt   [Aug 06, 2003]
    Strength:

weight, adjustability, machined parts, plushness

none yet

If you luck your way into one of these like I did start smiling now and get a good headstart. It hugs bumps and corners and you WONT lost traction.

Similar Products Used: Duke XC, EXR
    Timchi   Racer [Aug 31, 2001]
    Strength:

stiff, light, good looking

no boots, play in bushings even when new

I'll be happy if these forks last. THey are stiffer than anything else out there and that alone is worth the extra money. Just take them on one ride and you will never want a racing fork from the other guys. I'll follow up on the bushing durability. Out of the box the fork has a little fore-aft play. I don't know whether to worry much about this. Ta ta.

Similar Products Used: SID, Manitou SXti
    Ed Merkel   Racer [Mar 08, 2008]
    Strength:

Light,precise steering,totally tunable,quality on finishings and materials.

Not longer made,It requires more maintenance than usual forks,but it´s oK for me.

This is a vintage fork(2001 model)I got it used but in mint conditions,but it works and feels maybe better than the new ones.It requires,at first,to be set it up according to your weight and riding style.So once is done,it works perfect. I really like when I hammer on the pedals this fork don´t bob at all. This fork is race intended and focused on those guys who have fun giving maintenance,tuning and set up his or her bikes.

This was one of the best forks ever made and it worth to pay every penny,cent or euro.

Similar Products Used: Skarebs,Sids,Marzochis.