White Brothers DH3 Front Shock

• Total Travel: 185mm(7.28")
  • Damping: Judd coil springs with air/oil seperated damping system, nitrogen charged reservoir, exterior adjustable compression and reboumd damping
  • Features: Inverted design, 6 bolt lower crown, 4 bolt upper crown, 20mm axle, wet bath lubrication, fender mounts, # plate mounts, aluminum steerer

• User Reviews (18)

apocjoe   Downhiller [Sep 05, 2011]
    Strength:

They look bad a**
    And they still work after 10 years of use

Ppl look down on them bc they are old

If you find them under $100 get them!

weiserst   Downhiller [Jun 11, 2008]
    Strength:

Close Damping cartridge with real components in it, not just for the show

Beside some broken pieces in it, maybe because of a lack of maintenance, it is still working well after 6 year of abusive use!

Similar Products Used: None
    Bryant Rudy   Downhiller [Nov 22, 2003]
    Strength:

Good strong 20mm axel, strong uppers, stong lowers, lower stantion gaurds.

Lots of flex after used for a few years.

The 2001 White Brothers DH3 is by far under-rated by most. The amount of flex and te 20mm screw in axel is most people turn offs. I have come to terms with the flex since I don't realixe it when I'm riding, but the axel fives me tizzy-fits when I need to change the tire or tube, but other wise it is the best damn axel I've ever used besides the DNM USD-180's, Marzocchi Shiver WC, and Manitou's He-Lock axel. Don't pigon hole this fork, pigon hole the rider who accuses it! Best fork ever in the eyes of Black Dimond Magazine!

Similar Products Used: DNM USD-180, Manitou Dorado, Rock Shox Prototype, Marzocchi Shiver WC.
    Guy Harrington   Downhiller [Jul 22, 2001]
    Strength:

great fork really plush

A bugger to service !

great fork but only white brothers blokes can service it !

Similar Products Used: Shivers
    Beetle   Downhiller [Apr 30, 2001]
    Strength:

Price, weight, travel, smoothness, fork leg protectors, easy adjustment.

Standard springs are too weak (probably even for your "standard" 150lb rider). Would rather have allen bolt for 20mm axle, instead of wrench. Neg spring in one leg means legs aren't equal length when wheel not installed - makes putting the wheel in harder. As I'm sure would happen with any inverted design, when compressed a lot, your brake line can bend into the spokes - just have to zip-tie it creatively to avoid that.

I'll post again after I've ridden it more, but this will serve as initial impression then impression over time. Main complaint is that I can very easily bottom this fork with the standard springs. I usually need heavier springs, but I can nearly bottom this in my driveway just pressing on it. I have "extra heavy" springs on the way (I weigh 200lbs). The weight is really good for a fork like this, and it is very plush - one of the things that convinced me to get it after riding a friend's. I've heard bad things about customer support from them, but I've now called them several times, and had great luck. The price, performance, and weight seem to far outweigh the few small annoyances (see Weaknesses above).

Similar Products Used: Monster T, Z1 QR20 5"
    dylan   Downhiller [Apr 25, 2001]
    Strength:

super plush, strong, looks sweet, inverted motocross design

nothing

white bros has been doing motocross forks for a long time, so they have the hole fork thing down. it rides beatifully, sucking up anything you throw at it. my favorite fork so far.

Similar Products Used: boxxer, bombshell maralyn
    Snaggel   Downhiller [Jan 04, 2001]
    Strength:

This fork is stiff and lightweight at the same time.
    Inverted design. Lots of travel. Looks great. Lots of design.

Some people don't like it because the stanction tubes get covered by oil but HEY!!! It works like that... Its inverted remember..It's not like you COMMON suspensions...

Incredible suspension fork for a reasonable price.
    Easy to set up and looks great. The design is taken from motocross racing and HEY, it's a White Bros.!!! What else do you want!!!
    Inverted forks work better that normel forks... Therefore Marzochi just started making some inverted forks... The best for serious downhill!!!

Similar Products Used: White brothers UD150
    Rock Shock Boxxer
    Manitou X-verts
    Marzochi Monster, MR, Junior, Mrs. and super duper TTT's...What's all that????!!!
    Bort Simpson   Downhiller [Aug 02, 2000]
    Strength:

Solid design, Looks good, Stiff, Relatively light, smooth super adjustable travel, the red is cool. Good Factory Support.

I blew out my damper leg after ten runs down my favorite super nasty trail. The fork was topping out horrably when I pulled up really hard. There is also an annoying rattle in the bottom of the left leg where the bottom out spring rattles around, it doesn't effect the fork but it sounds like $hit. I overnighted it to them and they fixed it but said nothing was wrong with the rattle in the left leg. They also reimbursed me for my shipping costs and overnighted it back which was cool.

This is a good fork that works great but has a few annoying traits such as the rattle in the left leg. It soaks up big and small hits like Oprah in a Dairy Queen. I am super happy with the support I have received from all the crew at WB. The only fork I can see working better are the new Manitou Dorados or the Marzocchi Shiver. The price on the WB is a lot lower than those two. The bottom line is buy it, ride it, deal with the problems because when it works it is awesome.

Similar Products Used: Monster T, DH2, Boxxer, Manitou X-vert Carbon, Mr. Dirt, I have ridden everything!
    thor   Downhiller [Jul 25, 2000]
    Strength:

Very stiff, light and very smooth. These forks weigh in at about 7lbs and get over 7" of excellent travel.

Not really a weakness but a concern when shuttling which downhillers do all the time. The sanction tubes being at the bottom is definitely a concern but I will worry a little because these forks RULE.

This is one of the nicest forks I have ever riden. The action is very smooth and progessive as well as being very torsionally and laterally very strong. The weight of this fork is very nice NOT too heavy at about 7 lbs so it can be thrown around very easily. I am extremely impressed in the construction and manual. Maintainance manual is written very well and is quite easy to look after yourself.
    EXTREMELY GOOD FORK...........THEY RRRRRUUULLLEE.

Similar Products Used: Rockshox Boxxer, Manitou X-vert Carbon, Marzocchi Monster T, and the Hank
    Glenn   Downhiller [Sep 07, 2006]

i have not found any Weaknesses at all

i like them becouse i can though carzy things and still ride home. They look really Sick(lol)