SR Suntour M7600 Front Shock

SR Suntour M7600 Front Shock

SR Suntour M7600

[May 13, 2011]
tim Davis

Strength:

SR SUNTOUR M7600

Hard bumps take very easy

Great Bike for beginners to some medium off road. Handles well jumps good, and with the seat I installed it rides well as I installed the gel pack seats with shock absorber. Very light and comfortable to ride. Quickly changes gears and easy to go back and forth from gears. Stops on a dime and good balance.

Schwinn

[Dec 01, 2001]
Drew Humphries

Strength:

good for the new rider,once you get into the bigger jumps or harder trails ,you should upgrade to a better fork

Leaks oil,too plush,heavy.Almost rigid when it gets cold out.

If your a new mt biker I wouldn't recommend this fork ,because it will probably put you off the sport.But if your on a really tight budget it might be ok.

(Bonus you get a rigid fork in the winter)!!!!

manitou,marzochi,rock shox

[Mar 12, 2002]
BAG

Strength:

cheap, maintanance free, relatively bomb-proof, great for commuters, Just enough travel to take the edge off potholes; not bad for $20 (canadian).

kinda heavy, not much travel, they don't work in the cold, they seem to steer kinda funny,

A great fork for a commuter bike, if you don't want to worry about leaving your bike outside all day.

Not recommended for serious mountain biking, but if you're just into casual riding on bike paths or on roads, you can't go wrong with these, they will last forever and they don't cost much. If you spend more than $65(canadian)on them, you got ripped off.

Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Drop-off, RST Aerosa, Noleen Cross-link, Manitou Spyder

[Dec 18, 2001]
Alec Levet

Strength:

Suntour, strength? heh heh heh!

every single thing about it!
-sticky when hot
-hard when cold
-bottems out far to easily
-damn ugly
-suck ass

never, i mean never! upgrade to these forks
lame ass
but cheap

Judy SL 2002 (although nothing is similar to suntour products!)

[Feb 08, 2002]
Dave

Strength:

um.. its ok for a beginner fork

its just kinda cheap

its alright for a fork, if you just want a shock fork, a good starter, ive ridden it for a year and had nothing wrong yet, plus i ride a trail for an hour every day when i get home from school. is alright, it keeps me happy

not many

[Feb 15, 2003]
Pedikab dude

Strength:

It seems like a good fork for road and city use under a light cyclist load. Anyone that won't ride on the mountain doesn't need anything better than this, whatever the big buck cyclists say. You don't want full suspension if you get off the bike to bring the bike down from a sidewalk.

It squeaks. It freaking squeaks. I tried WD-40, and it made it worse. I don't know how to get rid of the squeak. It drives me crazy. The bike looks good, but the squeak really bothers me.

If I could make it stop squeaking, I'd be really happy.

None at all. Installed a rockshocks fork on my cousin's bike, and "dazit".

[Oct 03, 2001]
bob

Strength:

Actually I have the M8040

gets job done

rigid in cold

If you buy a bike with the m8040 shock it will last you a good while, but eventually you will desire a plusher ride. The shock works for me and I weighed 200 when I bought the bike, now 190. Shock takes stairs, logs, and jumps. I am about to purchase a noleen with a k2-smartshock to replace this. This m8040 shock is like a hyundai, it may not be the best or most comfortable, but it gets the job done and it looks okay too. Rarely ever bottmed out on me. Do not buy this if you are replacing your fork though, especially if you are a serious rider.

[Sep 16, 2001]
bob

suck

[Sep 13, 2001]
dave hardy

I have a bog standard Giant rincon se which came with suntour shocks. It's been said many times already but they are crap. The forks I have have got have worn pretty badly and the degree of slack in the tubes means they're ready for the bin.

don't bother with them.

[Sep 21, 2001]
Justin

Strength:

This fork came stock on my Rincon SE. I plan to get a new one but the fork really is not as bad as everyone says. It is nice and cushy and I have never bottomed even on a good drop off and with my 180 lbs. lol

It does get mushy after long use...starts to squeak and such. It is also VERY heavy.

I would not buy it seperatly but if it came on your bike you should be just fine for a while. concentrate upgrade money elsewhere and then go for the shock. really, you'll live. :)

I have demoed several...first owned though. Have ridden a Psylo fork...the suntour doesn't compare at all to that.