SR Suntour M 7500 Front Shock

SR Suntour M 7500 Front Shock

SR Suntour M 7500

[May 21, 2008]
Brandon

Strength:

Light and inexpensive

Everything?

I bought my Hardrock, and this fork came with it. So first off, I knew it wasn't going to be an incredible fork for the money I spent on the bike. I assumed I'd have to replace the fork maybe 6 months down the line, maybe 3, figured it'd give me a few rides. I ride single track maybe 2-3 times a week, not a lot of dropping or jumps, moderate roots and rocks. This shock gave out, 2 weeks after i got it, maybe 4 or 5 rides. None the less, you can't expect a good fork on a under 500 dollar bike. This fork may be adequate for light XC riding, your everyday across campus type of ride. But if you plan on doing some good single track riding, its worth the investment to get a better fork, because Its not to fun when your fork gives out on you when your 5 miles into a track, and you have to walk the bike out..

Marzocchi Drop Off IV

[Feb 21, 2002]
carl

Strength:

-light
-resistant

-no compression space
-too stiff in cold weather

this is an alright suspension if ur just gonna ride around in town but if ur gonna go real mountaine biking get something else and make those hexagon screwes real frekin tight or else they fall off after like 400km

rock shox, rst, fox

[Jul 30, 2002]
Carl M

Strength:

------------Make Them Work Better!!!--------------

look crappy

i admit it i hated it before i noticed those 2 little holes under the shox. so i went ridding one day there was ALOT of mud so i had to clean up the bike. good for me theres a river near i just toss the bike in the river ( dont worry it was some artificial sand thing nothing broke on the bike) so i tossed the bike in the river cleaned it all up and ive always been wondering what those 2 little holes under the suspensions did.... I was planing on buying a new front suspension so i didnt really care about mine right now. so i put watter in those 2 little holes, pumped the shox down and they swallowed watter, i did it a couple of times. so i went riding tryied out my new shox and when i pressed down on them watter spilled out of them and i noticed they where a little more loose and a little easier to compress. I get back to camp take my WD40 and put alot of it into the 2 little holes. compress my shox and turn my bike over. I start riding the bike and to my amazment the shox rides MUCH better then before. I only had the shox like this for half a year now and dont know what the affect on the shox are on the long term or and in winter. I personaly strongly suggest it you got nothing to loose i think.

[Jun 27, 2001]
Chris Burris

Strength:

uuuuuh. lets see.... decals are still on though i cant be sure if i want to say if i have suntours.....

Everything

this is just a follow up on my other review. i put in another 500 miles on these little turds and they finally fell apart. what happened is those little hex screws in the crown (why are they there?!?!?!) fell out allowing the crown to come out on the trail. i just ordered a new bike and hope it arrives soon. i aint ridin these little craps again. i think my dog might like them as a chew toy..... then again prolly not.

manitou magnum

[Jun 05, 2001]
Albert Rivera

Strength:

Look's good, pretty colors to choose.

Little travel, my hands hurts a lot in any trail, a little heavie, came with the bike.

This fork came with the bike as oem part. Is not recomendable if you are a biker who ride in a very ferrousous terrain because you can hurt your hands a lot and maybe yours arms to. Im goin to up grade very soon with a Manitou and maybe change the frame to. Do not buy this fork.

RST, Rockshox Judy SL

[May 28, 2001]
Jan Suls

Strength:

nice price, average damping, does not look bad

this is crap, dont 't buy, flexes 1" after 80km, 2" after 160km, it 's heavy, not adjustable

It will be replaces by other shocks off an other mark, the srsuntour lasted for one week, what a disapointment. Print (mtbr.com)list of product you wanna buy before buying.

[May 22, 2001]
Joe Rasero

Strength:

nothing

bail out every chance can get and are stiff as a rock. I think a bike without suspension has more shoc towards it. Too much money for what u get.

these bite and I have my judy xc's which are heaven and make those sad little heavy suntour look like dirt.

nothing. nothings this bad, but atleast i didnt by mine i got mine with my bike. i feel sorry for people who actually bought these seperate.

[Mar 03, 2001]
Chris Burris

Strength:

they still havent fallen apart

it has horribly short travel

this shock feels alot like two metal poles stuck together with a sponge at the bottom for cushioning. try not to get them. the only reason you should have them for any reason is if they came with your bike. other wise your wasting your money buying them seperately

none thankfully

[Feb 20, 2001]
Anton

Strength:

They generally don't resist forward movement, as long as the bike they're mounted on moves first. Can be useful as a makeshift weapon of self-defense if your Wal-mart bike falls apart and leaves you stranded on a desolate roadside.

They don't move up and down, unless the rest of the bike is moving up and down. They're heavier than a rigid fork, and probably add more to the cost of the finished bike than a rigid fork would.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm accustomed to Marzoccis or whatever. I've got an old RockShox Quadra 21R with totally ruined, 5-year-old, winter-abused and repeatedly bottomed-out elastomers on my real bike, and I almost felt guilty about hating my Quadras after trying these out (on mostly paved roads, even!)

Not that there's any point in my lambasting this product, since the poor saps who own them probably got them as original equipment on their bikes, but I feel that it's my civic duty to post this irrelevant tirade here, where it will be read by other bike snobs who will never own them, since they look down on any products that cost less than three day's salary.

I hope there's nothing similar to this on the market.

[Nov 14, 2000]
james peddle
Downhiller

Strength:

It is....er no
well it.. no it doesn't
arrhh,it's...no it isn't
i guess it doesn't have any

heavy
doesn't move up and down
flexes
doesn't work
noisy top out

This fork hardly moves at all, or you use all the travel i one go. It really sucks. Don't ever, ever buy one!

loads