RST Zeta TL 00 Front Shock

• Universal disc brake mount

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 03, 2001]
    Jordan

Strength:

very strong lots travel

way to hard even for me (225 pounds)

Very good for x country and that sorta riding

rst 281's

[May 23, 2001]
    BigBare

Strength:

Very stiff, tracks straight
    Extremely reliable
    Decent travel
    Good preload range

Very heavy
    Non-exisent compression dampening

This is a decent fork for someone who doesn't ride very hard or fast, but wants the front end of their hardnose a little softer. It's very reliable; I've ridden this thing hard for 2 years -- into rocks, off ledges, through rivers... never maintained the thing at all, and it's working the same as when I got it. Notice I didn't say it works well... the performance is very low, and it's definitely an entry level fork. I wouldn't hesitate to pick one of these up used, but I'd put it on my little sister's bike. It's worked all right for me, and it's worth what I paid (free), but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who cares about performance.

RST flex-mo, marzoch z2, judy with englund air

[May 11, 2000]
    Benoit Landry

Strength:

-very stiff
    -nice damping
    -travel--can't get enough of those 3 1/2 inches
    really eats those big hits for lunch
    -nice materials used, aluminum stanchions & crown, magnesium legs. fairly light.

-doesn't absorb small bumps very well (who cares anyway?)
    -the damping mechanism makes the fork feel a bit sticky, but it's not noticeable on the trails
    -too hard for me(150 lbs)

This is a followup review. I took the fork apart and noticed everything was nicely greased; as I said the stickiness is caused by the many o-rings in the damping mechanism(there's no oil to lubricate all this, it's air damping...there's the problem). I can't feel it when I'm riding though. I'll have to find some softer MCU's; I'm too light (150)to make use of all the travel, and there's no sag whatsoever when I sit on the bike.
    I really noticed the stiffness when I compared it again with a rockshox indy-c; the damping is also very nice, prevents the bike from bouncing back up after hitting a root or rock and thus compromising control. It COULD be a bit more active though, I might try some springs in it.
    A good product overall, I'm very satisfied. still five chilies for this one; five for the value also.

rockshox indy-C, rockshox quadra, rigid forks(duh)

[May 02, 2000]
    Hagar De Verschrikkelijke

Strength:

Good shock absorber, that uses it's whole lengt to absorb shocks and is thus very good for the faster downhills on rocky and bumpy tracks as it keeps the front wheel well on the road

it is not linear in its tuning. To go from very hard to hard you need to turn the nob several times, but from hard to normal only a half turn

Very good for the real mountain biker, certainly if you take into account is price and its weaknesses: after a while you get to know your product and it's tuning. And on the very soft tracks where you believe it is to soft it is in fact telling you that you are not a real mountain biker and should go to heavier roads.

Rock Shock Judy

[Nov 04, 1999]
    Over
    Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

-plush
    -cheap
    -easy to care
    -long travel (3,5)

-MCUs
    -could be a little more active

Well... Could be a little more active, but, anyway, is cool. If u like high speeds, the shock is perfect. And it's really cheap (i bought mine for about $100 :) ). It's also very stiff :)
    Best if u weight more than 70 kilos.

Mozo Pro, RX Jett XC, RX Quadra 5, RX Judy XC

[Oct 29, 1999]
    Benoit Landry

Strength:

Long travel, nice damping, devours bumps and roots. this is my first suspension fork although I've tried other suspension bikes.
    Fairly rigid.
    Removable crown and steerer tube.

Feels a bit sticky. I have to take it to the shop to have it lubed, so this should disappear

I'm quite satisfied with this fork. It feels much better than my friend's IndyC; It had less rebound than I expected and it really swallows bumps. If only I had a rear suspension...

Giant Sedona SE w/Rock shox Indy-C, Trek bike(??) w/Rock shox indy-XC

[Sep 02, 1999]
    Koh lee wei
    Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Plush
    Long travel
    Very stable and quite light in weight.
    Absorb the shock smoothly

I think it need a bit of lubrication to stop the sticky feeling.

It is worth the price considering the plushness and other important factor.
    You can`t find other fork at this price outperform it.Buy it.

Rock Shox Indy SL
    SR suntour MG80

[Aug 20, 1999]
    Koh lee wei
    Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Nice looking at good price.

Don`t know yet

Air damping fork at great price.
    I will submit another review later on.
    5 chilli on lookings 5 chilli on price.

SR suntour MG80 (own it)

[Feb 11, 2001]
    ryan whitford

Strength:

cheap and strong due to the fat oversized legs, i have never bottomed them out and believe me they have had some hard hits, good tyre clearance, tioga 2.3's fit a treat!

hard to get both sides adjusted completely equally, seals are not too brilliant, (keep the rubber covers on)! do tend to top out a little when adjusted to the softeset setting.

ace forks for the money, well worth buying, suitable for most kinds of riding styles, but damping could be improved!

rst 381r

[Jan 28, 2000]
    Koh lee wei Vincent

Strength:

Soft and active especially when it is seasoned and the spring load is tune to the softest..Great price for a good performing 3.5 inch fork

None so far

Get this shock or prepare to get beaten!

Rock indy long travel