RST Sigma XL 00 Front Shock

Sigma XL 00

• Coil / MCU spring
  • 7" (178mm) travel
  • Externally adjustable preload
  • Hydraulic cartridge with adjustable rebound damping
  • CNC double crown with double clamp adjustable stem
  • 7075 aluminum stanchions
  • CNC machined aluminum slider
  • 20 mm axle clamp
  • Universal disc brake mount

• User Reviews (11)

ant cullum   Downhiller [Jan 26, 2002]
    Strength:

stength,long travel,looks great,wicked stem,upside down,look da bomb

bottom out a little bit 2 much,

SWEET FORKS GET SUM THEY RULE,GO WELL WITH AROUND 6 TO 7 INCH REAR TRAVEL

Similar Products Used: z1 drop offs 6, Jnr,x-vert carbons,hi fives,bombshells
    Jacob O'Neall   Downhiller [Oct 04, 2003]
    Strength:

seemingly indestructable, stiffness, suspension action, tough finish, good boots(much better than manitou's), good 20mm through axle, adjustable integrated stem

none so far, but if you are a small rider, may be a bit heavy & tall

A very good performing fork, outperforms others. I got mine at cloeout, and I feel that anyone looking for a DH fork should go and buy one of these. I use mine for freeriding mostly, and havent bottomed it out, even off 5-6 foot drops to flat. Very durable, and the adjusters do make a difference that you can actually feel on the bike. I weigh about 165-170, and run the preload about half-way, and the rebound 3/4 of the way slow. Buy it and you will like it.

Similar Products Used: This is my first inverted DH fork. I've used many single crown forks, such as Rockshox Psylo's, Marzzochi Z-5, Manitou SX-E(junk), and a Hyper dual-crown freeride fork
    Matt Grossoehme   Downhiller [Apr 19, 2003]
    Strength:

It has 8 inches of travel and is very plush.it is great for dh and freerideing.It is also inverted which is better to me

cant find one yet.besides it can bottom out occasonally but it takes a lot.

it is a great fork for the price i got them for but if u spend 2000$ then u should lokk for some marzocchi

Similar Products Used: mantinou x-vert
    James Eadon   Downhiller [Oct 20, 2001]
    Strength:

Excellent For Downhilling

Doesn't work to well for a 'sunday rider'
    May seem to tough at first

If your not going to use the forks often you may as well not own them they need to be used a lot before they reach their full potential

fatty french   Downhiller [Jul 17, 1999]
    Strength:

stiff as buggery, look awesome, plush, exc. rebound and compression, great adjustment, awesome seals. perfect ammount of travel, bombs through the rocks like no other.

non oil bath, but doesn't seem to affect performance. rather pricey for non sponsored riders.

great forks that will swallow just about everything in their path, stiff and definately race worthy. top stuff!!!!

Similar Products Used: x-vert ti's (pov)
    boxxers (not bad)
    monster t's (good)
    James   Downhiller [Nov 18, 2000]
    Strength:

tough forks that take the line you pick. heaps of travel wicked stem

bottoms out really loudly and badly off large drops 5ft+

wicked forks that allow all travel to be used

Similar Products Used: Monster t's
    Boxxers
    Go Away   Downhiller [Aug 20, 2000]
    Strength:

NONE!!

EVERYTHING!!!

RUBBISH!!!!
    They look turd,they perform turd,they smell like turd
    they bottomed out like mad topped out like hell
    flexed like crap
    DON'T BUY THEM EVEN IF THEY WERE 10 DOLLOARS!!!!

Similar Products Used: Rockshox Boxxers
    Simon Finkel   Downhiller [Mar 27, 2000]
    Strength:

works really good over the whole travel, the damping system works perfect,because you use the whole 178mm , it doesn't work very progressive , so you use the travel you have.
    works even really good under stress (even it has a cartridge damping system).stiffness is better than all other forks I've tested.seems 'undestroyable',if you compare it with RockShox or Manitou DH-forks.A really good durability(nearly a whole season racing and it works as good as it did at the beginning).The rebound damping can be adjusted so it has the right speed for every situation.

Needs some time till it works as perfect as it does now.

Racers who want a product that works perfect , that can be used over more seasons , and who don't want to make some compromises should buy it.I'm sure , you won't be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: I tried Monster T , Boxxer
    Kaku Ito   Downhiller [Sep 19, 2000]
    Strength:

Looks very sturdy and it is sturdy. Hight adjastable stem is nice, but I wish it could set the position of the handle bar closer to the rider (I'm 5'2" tall). I mostly take video by attacting small miniDV camcoder on my helmet and go donwhill. I mostly sit on my seat to go down each level of the trails (A, B and C), but this forks help me from falling from my bike. As matter fact, when I had to swap my bike from this to Mongoose Dual with RST HI5, the bike was too light and my body leaped over the bike and hit my bottom very hard. Previously, I had no problem with the same section with my Haro with Sigma forks.

The weight. It's very heavy. My Haro MX2 came with RST HI5 and replaced to this set of forks and made my bike very heavy. It sometime get stuck until you push it harder. The Adjastment controls are hardly effective.

Since I only paid 1K for this set of forks, the value rating is high (5 flamin' chills). If it was lighter and the adjastment controls are more effective, then overall rating would have been higher. XMO XL70 is the newer model I suppose, so I wish I could compare them. The dedicated stem is very cool, it gives more Motorcycle looks to it.

Similar Products Used: Xvert-T which came with Mongoose MX20(Japanese distributor's special model) it's light and strong enough, but the stroke is not enough.
    RST HI5 it moves okay for the short stroke, but breaks easily. I know at least 3 people who broke them.
    Aaron   Weekend Warrior [Mar 12, 2003]
    Strength:

Never tried it

Never tried it

This for is being blown out at JENSONUSA for $299, I thought I would let anybody looking know.