RST Hi-5 Front Shock

RST Hi-5 Front Shock

RST Hi-5

[Jun 11, 2003]
Alvin Bonifay

Strength:

I bought this fork second hand for $200 australian dollars and its soo sweet.people say its not plush but its plusher than my old white bros.its travel is wicked and it takes a fair beating. Ive been freeriding/north shore/jumping with it and its held up.it has a little flew and i cant tell that good but they look a little bent, but that could of been the previous owner, oh they also look sweet on my hardtail, and they are not noisy

they flex
pretty soft
stiffness is shizen

This fork is very good handling and jumping and freeriding.
i got it 2nd hand so its prob had a fair bashing by the person who used to have it, but they seem fine to me, they flex a little bit but i think thats cause im about 80 kgs and ive got them on a hardtail??!! If your up for a budget fork, these are the best buy, try and get them 2nd hand as well, even cheaper!!!

White bros at 90( i exploded them)

[Jan 17, 2002]
Tom
Downhiller

Strength:

Well as i got them for absolutely nothing i think that they are pretty cool for that.

Snapped the bridge 3 times in 3 months, easy to replace but a pain in the f**king arse. Doesnt absorbe any little bumps and bottomes out on any drop aver 3 foot

Face your fears to reach your dreams
Keep it real

Getting super t's

[Sep 28, 2001]
Mario Orso
Downhiller

Strength:

Best for money

dual crown

intz

Marzocchi Bomber z2

[Aug 08, 2001]
Bob Frendo
Downhiller

Strength:

not really shore don't think that there are any.

very easy to snap if going bike as i have snapped both legs and hav cracked the bottom grown.

Very crap fork for dh.

they work very much kie judy's but judy's don't brake.

[Aug 10, 2001]
ILIKETO FUKYOASS
Downhiller

Strength:

GOOD FOR TRIALS I.E NNNNOOOO TRAVEL!

U NAME IT ITS HAPPENED:THEY R BENT THE SEALS R SH!TE I,VE GOT TWO CRACKS IN THEM AND I STILL HAVE ONLY FELT 2.5" TRAVEL!!!!!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIVERS,X-VERT DC'S,BOXXER'S AND X-VERT CARBONS.

[Dec 29, 1999]
Mini

Strength:

Cheep

Flexy
lotsa Stiction
Not 5 inches of travel

These came on my bike, and without modifications they are pretty ordiary. Firstly they are an elastomer fork, which makes them cheap and nasty. this is kinda good though because they are rather light, my friend comments on how light my front end is compared to his boxxers. there are many things you can do to fiddle with the forks to get better performance, but that takes effort,a nd for people like me wgho really couldn't be bothered at the moment...
oh and they are kinda flexy, althought it could just be the Tioga 2.3's i hav on them...
oh yeah, and they look pretty pissy too, and make a f'n horrible sound when yopu bottom them, but surprisingly it makes them quite smooth for a while, but they are really inconsistant in their performance.
3 chillies because they aren't overly spectacular but they arent overly crap either.
oh and if someone want's a pair?! let us know.

Boxxer
Judy Xl

[Dec 27, 1999]
michael fisher
Downhiller

Strength:

travel
stiff
plush

don't know any yet

I have only had a couple of rides on this fork, but so far they are great. (may post another review in the future).

rock shox
suntour
zokes

[Sep 27, 1998]
chris johnson
downhiller

does anyone have an rst hi 5 they want to sell if so e mail me please or girvin chubby for reasonable price i have heard some good things about this fork if anyone knows why are the legs so week i had indys and i beat the crap out of them and they were fine e mail me please please.
cjohnson59@hotmail.com

[Sep 29, 1998]
José Roque
downhiller

I currently own a Hi 5 for more than a year. Until it worked great but the best part it's that it works even better now that we (me and a friend of mine)have putted an hidraulic cartridge on it. My bike is a 98 TEAM MARIN DH and the suspension could never eat everything with the same ease as my FOX TC shock and now that we've dominated the rebound and compression of my front end they are a perfect match although the rear has one inch plus of travel.
overall, even without the hidraulic, if we use coil springs my only regard is to the 28.5mm inner tubes that flex a bit other than this it's the best.

[Mar 25, 1998]
M@TT
downhiller

I own a GT LTS-3000 ds and it came with RST's Hi-5 dual crown shock, I've noticed not all come with a discbrake attachment but mine did, this shock is plush (5 inches) stiff as hell and steers incredibaly, and for those of you complaining that they can only get up to 4 inches or less out of it try loosening the shock or changing the lube to something less thick than what the factories put on it, overall this shock is wicked for downhill and cross-country riding, I would give it 10 tamales but it only goes up to 5, this shock takes anything you throw at it and still begs for more, no matter how hard I ride I can't and never have bottomed these shocks out!!!