RST Delta TL 99 Front Shock

RST Delta TL 99 Front Shock

Delta TL

[Mar 28, 2011]
tango1221

Strength:

very strong and reliable, this fork has a very easy way o adjust the rebound, it don't leak and the travel goes all the way down close to the tire.

gets rigid when the oil is used too long.

I find this fork very reliable and I never complaint with it, was always make me feel secure and many times it saved my face getting smashed to the road.

[Feb 16, 2003]
Mike

Strength:

Good value at $400 Aust. The forks are very adjustable as far as compression and rebound damping are concerned. For only just over 3inches of travel these forks soak up some big hits, relatively speaking. 3ft to flat is no problem on these forks. The rebound adjustment on these forks is great and very simple (little leaver on bottom of right leg). I have relpaced the standard oil in the forks for 10w which allows for a greater range of adjustment as the first 1/2 of a turn on the leaver didnt seem to do anything with the original oil. Great paint, thick as!

They make a clunking sound at top of travel and there is a lot of sticktion at the top of the stroke, particularly if you have let the bike stand, even for a little bit. These both started about 2 weeks after i bought the forks but hasn't got worse, took them back to the bike shop but they couldn't do anything about the problems. Dosn't seem to effect performance in anyway, just anoying and should not be happening in a fork only 2 weeks old, RST get your R&D boys to look into this as i have heard about quite a few people having the same problems with this fork as i did.

Great fork for cross country and for just stuffing around on smaller stuff. For anything bigger than 3ft, go for something better, bombers or similar. I do weigh in at 82kgs (about 185 pounds) if that helps.

[Sep 04, 2001]
Noddy Holder

Strength:

18 inch thick paint job.

*clunk* *hiss* every bloody bump, stiction within a week, need specialist tools to get them apart to grease them. they look ugly compared to the new Judy SL's I bought and let's face it ... they are RST forks and no-one really wants to be seen dead with them.

If you want a crap pair of forks purely based on the fact it has poor oil damping, weighs a ton and has sh*tty elastomers then by all means ... buy this fork!

Judy SL (ROCK!), Mozo Pro (SUCK!)

[Oct 20, 2000]
Hashim

Strength:

Not much stiction, looks alright, hasnt bottomed out much

began to make clunking noises after about 2 or 3 weeks of riding, elastomers!

This fork makes the strangest sounds now, whenever it moves it makes a clunking noise. I emailed RST a few weeks ago, but received no reply. The fork's goddamn elasomers suck in cold weather, i live in Michagan, we have winter! I wish that i spent my money on a Marzocchi in the first place. I now have a Z3 100, and i got it for the same price.

Marzocchi Z3 100, Z5, Headshock P-bone M

[Jun 30, 2000]
Dave Ives

Strength:

The forks were good. It was like straping a couch to the front of your bike. They had a good 3 inch's of travel. They also picked up every little bump. They were also a great buy I got them for $450 including tax.

The RST's were alittle heavy but not enough that you could tell. The adjustment knobs were as sharp as a razor blade it hurt to adjust them

The RST Delta TL was the best shocks I ever bought. I would tell people to get the 2000 modle if they liked these because the 2000's are even better then the 99's.

[Mar 05, 2000]
Jeff Silkwood

Strength:

The RST Delta TL 99 Shoks are a very good shok at least from what I know of shoks they are stong and one of the best RST cross country shoks that I could get, where I am.

THe can be a little soft but you can fix that what I did with mine was I tok the fome out to give it a better ride. It work but if you are going to race leve it in.

They are good shok and have been very happy with them.

[Aug 30, 1998]
Kevin
weekend warrior

I recently went from a ridgid fork to the suspension realm, man what a difference. I spent quite a bit of time looking at all the sites, reading the reviews, talking to my LBS and finally came up with this fork as my choice. It is the brand spanking new offering from RST (it isn't even on their website yet...) and is a smoking fork!The fork has 2.5 of travel, but try as I might, I cannot bottom this sucker out. Utilizes springs, air dampning and oil bath to round out the package. The pre-load is adjustable as is the rebound. The rebound adjustment is done by turning a little knob at the bottom of the right tube, very nice, I don't even have to get off the bike.The fork soaks up everything thrown at it. Drop the preload and increase the rebound for the small, high frequency stuff and it is like riding on air. Increase the preload a bit, as well as dropping the rebound, and the fork will take a 10 MPH hit on a 4 log without any problems.Maintainence: Since it is an open bath, and has rubber boots (don't take them off!) you never really have to screw with the fork. No sticktion right out of the box. Unlike its cheaper cousin the Mozo Pro (a good fork!) you don't have to tear the thing apart and relube it.Gripes: Really only have one, the preload adjustment knobs are sharp and turning them is not so comfortable, but oh well.The best part of this fork is the price: $370 US. Get this fork.-- K

[Aug 25, 2001]
tom

Strength:

Absolutely trouble free in two years of riding. Good damping action and low flex and twisting. Good clearance for biggish tires. I have a 2.2 on now with extra room left.

I get the clunking like the other poster. It sounds a bit like topping out but it isn't. It's been there since after the first two weeks and emailed RST with no response either.
It weighs 4.35 lbs. even with an alum. steerer. The lawyer tabs on the require nearly total unscrewing the QRs to get the wheel out.

I like it.

RS Judys and Cannondale Headshoks.

[Aug 26, 2001]
tom

Strength:

I forgot to add the fact that it's been totally leak-free in addition to trouble-free, aside from that mild clanking previously mentioned and that the steerer is replaceable and bolt-on. You can get an aluminum 1" steerer if you so desire.

You need a weird, hollow Allen wrench to take it apart.

Oops, I didn't mean to give my Delta TL review a one chili overall rating. I meant to give it a 3 overall, so now I'm giving it a 5 overall to average it to the correct number.