RST 180 Front Shock

DanO   Weekend Warrior [Feb 26, 2002]
Strength:

not very many. better than a rigid fork off 3ft+ jumps.

virtually no travel, the opposite of plush, doesn't suck up bumps.

the fork SUCKS! don't ever think about buying it. if it comes on your bike(like mine), either buy a better bike, or save up and buy a new fork (Rock Shox or Manitou products) i would not even consider this a suspension fork because I can not even get 30mm of travel out of it! if buying a new bike or fork, ride it off-road before you buy it, and try many different products to find one that actually WORKS! don't waste your time with this fork!!!!

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Indy, Jett, Judy
Kyle léblanc   Downhiller [May 11, 2003]
Strength:

good question

to many to name

dont wast your money on this $#!T

Similar Products Used: rock shox gps
Adam Pierce   Downhiller [Sep 27, 2001]
Strength:

ummmmm........ theyre...... uhhhh....... dunno

everything, twisted em on landing a 3ft jump! (yes i landed properly) they suck real bad
bottoms out on a bunny hop
better off with rigid forks

FORGET EM GET RIGID FORKS, YOU'LL BE BETTER OFF

Similar Products Used: rigid forks (theyre betta)
Max Kalman   Cross Country Rider [Aug 09, 2001]
Strength:

none.... it bottoms out even when I do a bunny hop. I bought it for $60, but it was still a rip off. u are better of putting the original fork back on and making your tires flat. that will work better

has basicly no travel, bottoms out easily, and does not do anyhting on trails

well, even if u are a weekend warrior, this is still not worth it. I could buy Judy TT's for $100 and Jett's for $70. u are better off getting one of those. u can also get Rock Shox Metro's, for like $40. overall, this is a total rip off. so, the bottom line is, even if u are a beginner, still dont buy this Shock.

Similar Products Used: RST 150
Mountain Bikers   Downhiller [Nov 03, 2000]
Strength:

Ummmmmm, I think I got one... Put it on my three year old brother's tricycle to make him happy!!!

Everything. My brother broke them in a week!!!

Makes a great present for 2-36 month old kids!!!

Similar Products Used: Racing Bike fork
Damien   Weekend Warrior [Aug 19, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap, looks alright.

Not enough travel even for road use

There is only about two inches travel so they are totally pointless. They cant even soak up a cerb for god's sake!
Stay well clear, unless you are on a tight budget.

Similar Products Used: Rst high 5's, Z1 Bams
scuba hood   Cross Country Rider [Aug 06, 2000]
Strength:

hmmmm...nope, i tried, i really cant think of any...oh, no wait, i got one, little kids who dont know anything about bikes might be impressed that you have suspension

it costs a lot for a rigid fork

dont be fooled people, this is a RIGID FORK. it makes rides on fairly flat grass or bark mulch seem almost like concrete with an actual rigid fork, but doing big dropoffs like, lets say, a curb, this fork will bottom out. buy a rigid fork and save some money, unless, like my friend, you bought this on a canadian tire bike for $114 (thats canadian, about $80 US) which, admitedly, is a good deal for a whole bike, get a rigid fork, if you actually want a suspension fork then get any bomber, manitou, judy or higher for rock shox (jetts are only slightly better than this fork) or one of the very best rsts.

Similar Products Used: the rigig fork on my old raleigh cliffhanger
Gordon   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2000]
Strength:

good shock; but only for BEGGINERS. on my old bike I had these shocks and they were great! I was just starting out. Helps on the bumps alot.

I'm now a great biker and have MArzocchi Z5 bombers and no comparision

Buy this shock on a bike already at a discount mart or Sport MArt exc. My old bike was $400 (canadian) with this shock.

Super Dan   Cross Country Rider [Apr 10, 2000]
Strength:

This product stays together pretty good. It hasn't fallen apart on me yet. It handles good on bumpy or rocky roads, and doesn,t lose its compression like Wall-Mart "Next" bikes.

Can not take impact for stunt riding. It makes deafening noise when bottoming out. It is starting to loosenup on me.

It was a good bargian when I got the bike for $107 new at a going out of business Jumbo Sports.