Rock Shox Judy T2 98

User Reviews (116)

Showing 1-10 of 116  
cliff eisler   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2007]
Strength:

Simplicity, longevity, ease of maintainence

Weakness:

bobs around

Well, time has passed the old T2 by, I'm sure. However, with once a year maintainence (Manitou Prep M grease), this fork has lasted for over a DECADE. With no oil or air to leak, it just keeps on keeping on. A good fork for taking on a long trek or if you don't have access to a shop to fix the seals on the latest "wonder" fork. A true explorers fork, it will always get you home. Still doesn't look too dated or lame, like an old Indy or Mag 21 would by now.

Similar Products Used: manitou "six" marzocchi exr, mx.
OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Dave Tschan   Cross Country Rider [Mar 02, 2006]
Strength:

Not too bad for light trail riding, haven't bottomed out yet.

Weakness:

Real bouncy, can't tighten it and can't get any real speed because it is to bouncy

I haven't had any real problems with it yet but it is pretty bouncy. Kinda tough going up hill but overall I guess you could say I like it so far. I read about 30 reviews and most of you think it sucks but that's only your opinion. Maybe I'll have a different one in a couple of months.

Similar Products Used: Manitou
OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Andrew   Cross Country Rider [Mar 07, 2002]
Strength:

Worked well for cruising along the trail, low wt.

Weakness:

very bouncy for slow technical riding with big hits.. Caution if getting one used now...Rockshox and there major suppliers are completely out of replacement parts for this shock.......Just traded up to a duke xc, haven't used it yet

if you buy it now and it needs parts you'll either have to call local shops forever to find the part,, or you won't find it at all...like me:)

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Andrew   Cross Country Rider [Mar 07, 2002]
Strength:

Worked well for cruising along the trail, low wt.

Weakness:

very bouncy for slow technical riding with big hits.. Caution if getting one used now...Rockshox and there major suppliers are completely out of replacement parts for this shock.......Just traded up to a duke xc, haven't used it yet

if you buy it now and it needs parts you'll either have to call local shops forever to find the part,, or you won't find it at all...like me:)

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Matt   Weekend Warrior [Apr 02, 1999]

Guys, you get what you pay for. It's that simple! I rode on RST 381's for about 1 year before the upgrade to the Judy's and there is no comparison. The twice the price T2's are heaps better. So will not forks worth more than the T2's perform better?, I'd hope so. Remember buy a fork to suit your purpose and that it's the rider that makes the bike, not the bike that makes the rider. For the price they are a damn nice fork, and would advise other weekend warriors to use this fork. Although they may be a little soft for heavy riders(I only weigh 57kg). No complaints here.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
noname   downhiller [Sep 25, 1998]

I've dzjapped a t2 to put it on my schwinn moab2 and I'm very curious
to see how it's going to feel. I hope it's better as my indy xc.
if the t2 sucks, who cares? it was for free! by the way, what's best for dual slalom? sid or t2? O,potverjanduitjes, I still need a couple of words to reach the minimum wordrate for this review

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Larry   weekend warrior [Sep 24, 1998]

This fork came stock on my FSR. First, I couldn't get my damn bike on my
Thule rack (granted, it's an older rack) Funny, I don't have this problem
with my Manitou. I rode the fork for 2 days. It sucked. I took it off
and traded it in on a Manitou Palmer. Now I have a fork that actually works.
Plus the lime green looks cool with the mango frame.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Andrew   weekend warrior [Mar 24, 1998]

I got this fork on my S-20 and have had no real problems yet. The price is too high, but this is way better than the Indy. I think I will upgrade to the type three sping kit for a better quality ride. Rock Shox could have made this fork a little cheaper, but that would make it an Indy.

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Jesse Rotner   cross-country rider [Mar 25, 1998]

I bought the T2 from a friend of mine off of his new TREK 800 because he was putting his JUDY XC on it. I found it to be to stiff, and not having enough travel. However stock tunability was good. After about 5 months I got a type 3 kit including: long travel, rebound dapening, and took out the elastamomers with two types of springs with two diffferent spring rates. Man I'll tell you, its as good as a marzocchi Z1. It is super plush, has exelent travel, and exelent tunability. However it is too pricy at buying it stock. (4 star only because of the need for an upgrade kit)

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Max   Cross Country Rider [Jun 10, 2001]
Strength:

Cheap, decent travel, reasonably plush

Weakness:

Very flexy with crappy steering precision. No dampening. Bouncy

It does a great job on the smaller hits, but it has too little dampening and bottoms out too easily for anything big. The rebound is too fast. The biggest problem is the flex. It looks pretty big and strong but in reality it tracks very poorly. This is a good shock for a begginer but seriouse riders should definetly look elsewhere

OVERALL
RATING
VALUE
RATING
Showing 1-10 of 116  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.