RockShox Jett C 99 Front Shock

Rock Shox Jett C

Minisushi1212   Downhiller [Jul 26, 2015]
Strength:

Doesn't break. Has lasted 15 years and can still travel.

Bottoms out a lot. I weigh 115lbs. It feels like a pogo stick and there's no lockout.

Good fork for not serious racers. I have a DH bike and it is damn hard getting used to this Rock shox Jett.

Similar Products Used: Rock shox boxxer, recon, Sid. Fox 32, 34, 36, Marzocchi 66 Bomber. Not similar at all lol.
Christian   All Mountain Rider [Dec 08, 2012]
Strength:

It works.

My Jett C has about 4 centimetres of travel when I put all of my weight on it. On the jumps, it feels like a pogo stick. It's pretty heavy for something with almost no travel. I recently switched it out for 100mm on a Manitou R7 Pro.

A budget fork. The only thing of value on the fork is the Rock Shox sticker.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox XC, Fox F100, Fox 36 Float
James   Weekend Warrior [Dec 07, 2001]
Strength:

Has yet to bottom out on me.

stiff, not adjustable....but hey its a beginners' shock

I have no idea how people can say this thing has bottomed out on them if they are not downhill riders. I weigh 215lbs and have yet to bottom these things out, and this is on aggressive trails (of course the trails are in SC and FL and not CO). This is a good beginner’s shock. Stiff, cheap and strong enough to handle all those crashes that you must go through to get better. Would not buy this as an upgrade, but lighten up, people that still ride on these are not going for the gold in the Downhill Invitational.

Similar Products Used: yada, yada, yada.....
Cliff Darby   Weekend Warrior [Feb 01, 2002]
Strength:

Great for a beginner (like me), taken some fairly rough hits

not adjustable

I've been riding my mtb for about 3-4 months. I only weigh 240-150 pounds. If this is you, you're in luck. This fork came with my bike. Its fairly stiff, whichj is good. My year spring is too big at 750, which hurts the suspension/ feel. I endoed (as in flew over the handlebars) pretty hard it it didn't break. The hole was washed out due to the rain i was riding in and i wasnt paying attention. You get the picture. Great beginners fork.

Similar Products Used: none
Mo Elinsky   Weekend Warrior [Feb 15, 2004]
Strength:

It's cheap, it gives 80MM of travel, it's low maintenance, has disc mounts. For some reason, this fork doesn't seem to bottom out harshly so you don't get jarred around. It is actually a nice aspect of the fork.

no adjusments, not that smooth, rebound feels like a pogo stick,

You get what you paid for (if you paid anything). Just another budget fork for winter commuting. I got rid of this fork after 2 years because i became tired of it's rough and bouncy feel.

Similar Products Used: Rockshox Jett, Judy TT, Marzocchi DJ2, Manitou Six, Marzocchi Z.1
scott   Weekend Warrior [Dec 19, 2001]
Strength:

fine for beginners

non-adjustable; just like no suspension at all 'till there's a major hit

came with bike. it doesn't feel like you've got a front suspension at all 'till you hit a major obstacle. in the future, i'd look for something a bit more plush. if it comes stock and you're new to mtn biking, i would leave it as is until you actually realize what you want from a front suspension. if you're experienced, upgrade right away. overall, though, i'd have to say it's been working for me for two years, and will last 'till i get a new bike, i'm sure.

Similar Products Used: rockshox judy sl
Christopher Van Hulsentop   Weekend Warrior [Nov 13, 2001]
Strength:

Fairly strong, best for the price range, fully adjustable

Not enough trave or tire clearence

Good for the price but not enough travel for any real mountain biking they may be adjustable but there is not much to adjust

Similar Products Used: Sr Suntoor 5000 sumthin
Ben K   Weekend Warrior [Sep 13, 2001]
Strength:

Fairly smooth
absorbs enough
fully adjustable
best shock for price range
surprisingly durable

bit of flex
just too soft for just 63mm travel

This is a good shock for the price. It's smooth, and it's
great for comfortable riding along roads and easy paths.
Take it off road and you'll probably bottom it out, because
even at it's stiffest, it's just too soft for 63mm. It's
durable though, it's survived it's first summer of hard
off roading and 1 car accident. Just a couple of scratches.
This is the best shock I've had ever, but I'm just to rough
for what it's meant for.

Similar Products Used: DuoTrack 7007s, RS Judy
Jer   Weekend Warrior [Aug 07, 2002]
Strength:

Decent travel (48 mm),for the price. Better than rigid forks. Good fork for beginners, fairly stiff. After two years of hard use they still work like new.

Bottoms out easily over curbs and small jumps if you weigh 150 pounds or more. I realise these aren't your ideal downhill racing shocks but bottoming on a curb for the heavier riders?

Good upgrade from a rigid fork, they are a steal if you can get them cheap. Definately a good purchase for beginners weighing below 150 pounds. Best bang for the buck you wont get anything better for the price.