Marzocchi Bomber Z1 drop off Front Shock

Marzocchi Bomber Z1 drop off Front Shock

Marzocchi Bomber Z1 drop off

[Sep 13, 2010]
aussie5050

Strength:

i have the 2000 lime green ones, Very tough and nice and soft. Alot Lighter then my old one

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There Isn't One if you can find a pair buy them there worth it

[Dec 07, 2001]
Tim Smith
Downhiller

Strength:

YEAR 200 MODEL+ COOL BRACE Good value for the money. Easy to twiddle with. Don`t need to maintenise them very often. Good for jumpin` with

I took a big nosediving stack, and bent the brace badly one end of the brace was 1cm further foward than the other side. Gotta be careful with tighteneing up the bolts on the crown-too tight and the forks creak, too loose and the stachions start to slip.

If you want good forks for jumpin`, lightish DH, street etc. but don`t want to shell out nuff dolla, then these forks are great. Reassuringly weighty, appart from the brace coz it weighs nothing (bad thing). Apparently they make a clicking noise if you put a 5" spring kit in `em, so best run 4", especially for jumping.

My friends` Dropoffs. Other Bombers (the good quality bombers ie, not Z5s`+ Z4s`)

[Mar 04, 2004]
Mtbboyz
Downhiller

Strength:

Damping, fairly light for a long travel fork, looks cool,

Marzocchi warrenty dept!!, Stanchion snapped, little damping adjujstors on the bottom fall out easily

I loed this fork up until the day I borke it when i cased a 5foot double. not a really hard landing but too much for the Z1. I snapped the left side stanchion tube right below the crown. endo faceplante lots of fun. Anyway i take it to the LBS. My buddy down there calls marzocchi. The marzocchi guy laughs and says " we need to get him on a new fork." My buddy asks him what the repair cost will be and the marzocchi guy says "it aint worth it" then tells us that the repairs will be over 200 dollars. Sh** i can get another fork for that!! Marzocchi warrenty is only two years they offer crash replacement not free replacement within those two years unless the break is obviously their fault. This is not the kind of service I am used to with MTB comapnies. I dont buy my parts to be disposable. I expect to break things, I'm a 190lb dirt jumper but seriously I shouldnt have to replace the whole fork if I break it. I will not buy another Marzocchi fork I'm going to try manitou despite my previous experiences with them hopefully they will be better now.

Sherman, psylo, fox talas

[Dec 02, 2001]
Tony Ratcliffe

Strength:

Tough big fork, easy to set up. Good & prompt tuning advice from Windwave & Marzocchi via net on set up, Oil levels springs etc. Loads of adjustment!

Weight, bit flexy, took ages to bed in. Standard spring rates too light and made noise. I don't even get air and run the super heavy springs. Remember too use synthetic oil!

Iv'e got the QR20 version (2000 I think) £200 inc disc wheel (bargain)with hope E4's. I have reduced the travel to 110mm as the 130 set up felt too flexy & made the steering a bit slow and chopper like. I don't know if i'm imagining things but the small hits don't seem to get absorbed as well as with the Judy's. Maybe the bushings are still wearing in! Anyway I was going to go for psylos but after reading the reviews maybe I can put up with a reliable 4.5lb fork for a little longer.

Judys(a good fork but a joke as 63mm standard on a fs bike with 4" of rear travel, Ok it was 1997)

[Feb 24, 2002]
Andre

Strength:

evrything about it from the beatiful polished surface that goes with all bikes to the F@#$%$# plushness that will make u buy it again

none this thing is awsome

if your a freeride tupe of guy and you like plushness get this fork. P.S.dont worry if anyone tells you that its to heavy becuse it doesnt ma a difference

psylo sl, maitou x-vert

[Jan 25, 2002]
bag

Strength:

plush, nice long travel; reletively sturdy for a single crown fork; disc brake mount,

ugly orange color, my stanchion tubes were a bit worn out when I bought them, so they don't slide as smoothly as they should.

These forks really made a huge improvement to my bike, the Noleen cross-link fork didn't have enough travel for any real off-roading. The bike rides more like a free-ride bike now. The forks also allowed me to install a disc brake on the front of the bike which is a bonus (my frame doesn't have the disc brake mounts on the back, nor did the Noleen fork). These forks are definately worth more than the 200 bucks I spent on them.

RST Aerosa with 3 12 inches of travel;
Manitou Spyder (cheap); Noleen cross-link (weird)

[Nov 21, 2001]
sam

Strength:

Super plush. Dont bottom/top out. Good adjustment.

A bit flexy, M arch

These are some of the nicest shocks ive ever tried. smooth plush

RST 381s (big piece of crap) , 2001 rock shox phylo xc

[Sep 22, 2000]
Scott

Strength:

Very smooth. Absorbes every bump.

The springs are very loose. I would reccomend getting a heaver weight and stiffer springs. When you adjust the knob on the top their is a deffate difference when you increase the plushness but when you put it on the stiffest their isn't much of a difference

I highly reccomend this fork

'97 indy xc

[Jan 10, 2000]
dan

Strength:

strong

to plush

great exept get better springs

all single crown with 4' of travel or above

[Jan 13, 2000]
adam
Downhiller

Strength:

long travel, durable

there arent any

the best fork i've used has more travel than an x vert r and single crown. I think its just as good as a jr. t and single crown. Plusher travel than any other fork i've used. This is the best fork i've ever riden on.

X vertr, Jr. t