Duo track sr Front Shock

duo track sr

nate   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2008]
Strength:

makes the front tire not roll away

no travel, what everyone else has said

dont get this, if you have it do yourself a favor and get something else.

Similar Products Used: k mart bikes
David Ritchie   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2002]
Strength:

Keeps your wife from nagging you about how awesome your bike is.

None as long as their on your wife's bike.

I was dumpster diving a few weeks ago, when I found this descent looking fork still in a box. I thouhgt it was a K-Mart shock, but I guess someone upgraded and just put the Duo Track in the K-Mart box. This puppy is awesome. First of all; my wife thinks that her bike is as good as my StumpJumper now.(No more nagging). Second; it weighs a ton so now my wife can have those buns of steel I've always wanted. Third; you can probably get your wife one free cause I'll bet one out of three dumpsters stock them. So you see, all these guys who are writing trash about this poor shock either are rich, don't have wives or cannot realize that there is good in everything, depending on how you see it. All I can say is, my wife is happy I'm happy and my wallet is happy. By the way, I'd rather pay a measly $125 than $600 to make my wife happy. Two thumbs up from me. SINCERELY... Cheap a** Husband

Similar Products Used: Manitou Forks
Aaron McGraw   Cross Country Rider [Jan 02, 2004]
Strength:

(update) its still going. I have tried to demolish this fork since 1996, so please keep that in mind when you scroll down and see negative reviews.

Heavy and limited travel. So far the only damage to the fork is a 1/8 diameter hole in one boot and some scratches to the decals.

At this point, you are bound to find this fork on a used bike on Ebay. Don't let it put you off. While it is not the best suspension fork out there, it certainly is amongst the toughest. It will work when you get it--unless someone has abused it beyond imagination.

Similar Products Used: 2001 Manitou Sport, 2002 RockShox Judy TT, RST "Mozo" ML-10
Jerry Giese   Cross Country Rider [May 03, 2001]
Strength:

cheap

1 inch of travel. Too Heavy. Bottoms out over rough sidewalks, small sticks, and everything else.

This is the cheapest, worst piece of Å hit that I have ever used!!! I have used rigid forks with more travel than this. The Fork has no noticable travel. It has too much play. In fact, the fork moves farther forwards and backwards than it does up and down. Everytime I put on my brakes it feals like the fork sways about 3 inches. This fork is so Å hitty that i would give it a negative 5 chilies if I could. I mean this fork is crap. This fork even looks as bad as it preforms. If you are stupid enough to buy this fork for $100+, then throw your bike away and just give up!

Similar Products Used: K-mart bike shocks.
Mr. Wizard   Cross Country Rider [Apr 22, 2001]
Strength:

It still hasn't spontaneously fallen apart...

It takes a little bit of roughness out of gravel paths.

The arch flex is so extreme that it robs most of the front braking power (you can pull the lever to the bar even if you start with the pads rubbing the rim).

Shock absorption is no better than a fat tire and cushy grips, while steering and feel are much worse than a rigid fork! My confidence level while riding on this fork is very low.

On an otherwise nice looking bike, this thing is rather ugly, and obviously cheap.

This is the worst component I think I've seen used on a "real" MTB.

Similar Products Used: Nothing this bad!
Shawn   Weekend Warrior [Dec 29, 2000]
Strength:

It can travel about 1" !!! It is heavy, makes u work harder, and provides good exercise.

Stupid name, looks like... well... faeces. About as effective as a rigid iron fork, but heavier and more dangerous to use.

It's still working after 4 years! Even then, it's not worth buying. Get a Rock Shox or something that works as suspension. If someone gives it to u, regard him/her as an enemy. Alternatively, he or she is hinting that u need to lose weight.

Similar Products Used: A Rock Shox, dunno what model
Mike   [Apr 18, 2000]
Strength:

Yeah right, you think this product has strengths?

Oil bath? Try sand bath! I actually took a look inside, it didn't even have elastomers. Inside was a piece of styrofoam. If you want to throw your money away, by all means by this shock!

NEVER, EVER, EVER BY THIS PRODUCT. A RIGID FORK IS BETTER!

Matt   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2000]
Strength:

I kinda like the "club" idea...atleast it's nice to know they are good for something...Well, I guess you could get them just to say you have full suspension and impress your friends....

Ok...first off, 1 inch of travel doesn't do squat. Truthfully, my arms shake a lot more on this than on my old rigid fork. They came with my bike, so I'm not sure about how they measure up price wise.

The bottom line is that these shocks are good for two things:
1) Hitting people.
2) Trying to impress your friends.

But in all seriousness, if you aren't gonna race for a living or seriously, who needs incredible, $600 shocks anyways? These are ok for a first pair, I guess.

Similar Products Used: None, this is my first front suspension fork; but I have tryed some rick shox on a friend's bike, and they were a lot better :)
tu madre   Cross Country Rider [Mar 19, 2000]
Strength:

Strenghts? what strengths? Are they even shocks? I could have sworn that they were filled with sand.

At like 1/2" of travel, you might as well ride a rigid fork. Too expensive at $125. I would make someone PAY ME to even sit on a bike that had them. Oh yeah, Did I the sand?

If you are a serious biker and you are riding these things, take them off your bike right now and piss and POO all over them and then they will at least smell better (and ill bet that they will look better too.)
In all seriousness now, I dont like this shock. If you are thinking about getting this thing, please do yourself a favor and go buy a Rock Shock Indy C for cheap. That fork at least has some travel.

Similar Products Used: any rigid fork. And maybe then you will have more travel.
  Weekend Warrior [Jan 19, 2000]
Strength:

too expensive for $125, $1.25 maybe. This is the worst that ive ever ridden on.

Everything the shocks are made of suck, not one strenth in them. like someone said before, the only thing these shocks are good for is beating someone with, id give them a 10 for that because they're so heavy.

These shocks have no use, are they supposed to be used for bikes? Don't buy these for this kind of money, buy a marzocchi or a rock shock. The first time i rode on the shocks, i went over a rock, and the frame broke in half. These shocks have no travel, 1 flamin chili