Cannondale Super Fatty SL Front Shock

Super Fatty SL

Cannondale Super Fatty SL

Scott Bays   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 07, 2000]
Strength:

No flex, finially-good travel

I've only ridden Headshocks and my only complaint has been the limited travel, but now with over 3 inches...I'm a true Headshok junky. Love the air adjustibility.

Similar Products Used: DD60, MC60
Jim Schelling   Cross Country Rider [Jan 08, 2001]
Strength:

Lock Out

Lock out, Poorly trained mechanics, Poor engineering

The Fatty D and Fatty SL shock that come on the Cannondale bicycles are junk. Save your money and buy anything else. This shock broke 4 times on the flat trails in Illinois. Mechanics didn't know how to fix them. I returned the bike to Cannondale after 6 months of this hell. They wouldn't return the tax I paid nor would they pay the shock upgrade. I will never buy anything short of a bike bag from Cannondale again and I recommend the same to you.

Similar Products Used: None. First mountain bike ever purchased
morgan   Weekend Warrior [Nov 22, 2000]
Strength:

stiff, structurally strong, .ooks kinda cool, at least it is different!

for mine ('99) it was the oil cartridge, it breaks, spewing oil all over my frame so i bring it in and when i get it back he tells me that it was the factories fault and it it was assembled wrong but now it is fixed , i am thinking of cool it is a free fix, he charged me $70.00 for labor! it was the freakin assembly lines mistake and i end up paying! this is while it was still under warranty too, so i go out and ride it, not too hard just regular east coast MTBing, and 4 days later the exact same thing happes, the oil starts leaking out an i lose all damping and adjustabily via the top dial, NEVER BUY C-DALE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT BLOWS!

Similar Products Used: NONE
Hannes   Cross Country Rider [Nov 03, 2000]
Strength:

No flex when used with disc brake, easy adjustablity of damping, rugged head set, few maintenance

Shock sensibility far away from up-to-date Pace and Rock Shocks, although same travel; air loss after 6 months; Dealer was nice and quick in repair; even when broken in warranty period, the customer has to pay working hours; dealer did not accept to send the fork to Cannondale to have it redone; disc brake mount did not fit Luise; I had to do some work on the mount;

Disappointing sensibility and shock performance; if you have to buy it for the original price, better buy something else;

Similar Products Used: Pace RC36 EVO III; Judy; Girvin Vector
Jon   Weekend Warrior [May 15, 2000]
Strength:

Super Strong.Looks cool. Adjustable. Really Strong.

makes a weird noise? Could be related to Carbon Fiber frame.

I've turned my front wheel into a taco shell, Taken 2-3 meter drops in the city on concrete, smashed right into numerous objects.This thing is indestructable although I guess it could use a little more adjustability. I'm no expert, but I like.

Similar Products Used: Nothing is similar.
Lewis Kosloski   Cross Country Rider [Apr 06, 2000]
Strength:

Love the steering and handling

I love C-Dale but this is the forth time this fork has gone down in 4 rides.I'm sick of having down time.I keep loosing travel.The air is bypassing o rings in air chamber and causing the fork to lose about 60 mm of travel.If C-dale doesn't make good this time I won't be buying another C-Dale

I love C-Dale but I'm tired of the bike going back to shop.I here all these great stories about C-Dale but I haven't had a good one myself yet.The paint on my frame started to blister off and the rep told me it was because I sweated on the frame.Duh I was wondering how you could possibly keep the sweat from getting on the frame.The only thing that got me a new frame was it developed a stress crack by the rear shock mount.The bottom line is I think I'm going to build a new bike and it won't be a C-Dale

Similar Products Used: DD-50 P-Bone Fatty 70Sl
boudewijn   Cross-Country Rider [Nov 09, 1999]
Strength:

stiffness

travel

I had to send my fork back for the fourth time. The travel had decreased to 60 mm. The thirth time
I got it back with a leaking oil-cartridge. They had broken it during fixing the air-cartridge. I got really sick of this fork. I've just had it with Cannondale. Last time I called them on the phone, it even looked if they had an answeringmachine that could only say: take it to your dealer, he will send it to us. beeeeeep

Similar Products Used: marzocchi bomber z2
Jim Ryan   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 13, 1999]
Strength:

Handling
Light Weight
Adjustable while riding!
Handling Handling Handling Handling
Handling Handling
Handling Handling
is that 50?

Looks goofy

From the first test ride I was amazed at the handling capabilities of this shock. It provides the necessary travel with no problems and little maintenance.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox
Don S   Weekend Warrior [Jul 09, 1999]
Strength:

Lightweight,no flex,excellent
handler.Very
plush!

Not a fork for the home
mechanic to work on.
Topped out until LBS
replaced cartridge

I had a problem with topping out noise from the
beginning. LBS couldn't find the problem. Another
shop replaced cartridge and that did it(under
warranty).This is a plush fork that out handles
any single crown slider fork. No flex with point and shoot handling.Much plusher than my Judy SL
with downhill cartridges and speed springs and it
has less travel than the Judy did. NO FLEX AT ALL!

Similar Products Used: Judy SL
Jeff J.   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 01, 1999]
Strength:

NO flex, laterally, torsionally or any other way. Air spring is adjustable for big guys like myself (6'5, 245 lbs.) No harsh bottoming out. Rebound dampening adjustments that you can actually feel. And did I mention that they do NOT flex. What a difference that makes!

Huh?

This fork has taken all of the pounding I have been able to give it short of crashing. This fork lets you forget about making excuses for not riding well. Point and shoot! It goes where you aim it. Baby head rock gardens, jumps, curbs, whatever, just hang on to the bars and enjoy. And did I mention that it does NOT twist or deflect! No stiction. No buying the right spring(s) (hopefully the first time). Yes, you have to buy a shock pump. Get over it. Why any serious rider would trust his sweaty carcass and expensive dental work with any other fork is beyond me. HEADSHOCK ROCKS!!! Five flaming steampiles for this puppy!