Cannondale Super Fatty M Front Shock

Cannondale Super Fatty M

Rob   Cross Country Rider [Jan 31, 2002]
Strength:

It's light and has minimal flex

The compression and rebound are fast, bouncy, and firm. I almost couldn't tell the difference between this fork and a rigid! Also there is no damping on compression or rebound.

The fork is ok, but i like a fork that actualy FEELS like it's helping me out a little, rather than bouncing me around like popcorn in the microwave. Plus, there is no adjustments at all......don't get this fork.

Similar Products Used: 'zocchi x-fly '01
yuenglingrider   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2006]
Strength:

none,does'nt even look cool

everything,better ride from a pogo-stick

the fork is useless,the only positive thing i could say about it is the fact that it matches the bike.

Similar Products Used: manitou,rockshock
Alan   Downhiller [Oct 10, 2000]

Pre-Load adjustments were not useful at all. Frequently bottoms out during normal riding. Too "bouncy."

Basically a poor fork. Good for the weekend rider who doesn't attack 3 foot dropoffs. Reason I purchased bike with this was that I wanted to upgrade most of the components. Bushings inside the fork wore out quickly <1 year. Heard that the SL version is better, but I'm deciding on either a Moto FR or a Rock Shox "PSYLO."

Similar Products Used: Manitou, Rock Shox
Sam Mullins   Downhiller [Aug 11, 2000]
Strength:

Great turning radius, adjustable stiffening

Little travel

Great for the entry level rider that is just getting started. Long travel junky should pick something else.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Indy S
Marty   Cross Country Rider [Jul 04, 2000]
Strength:

Light weight, pretty stiff and smooth

Limited travel, funny knocking/rattling sound, need stiffer spring

This fork is a great entry level fork. It works great and has no stiction. From new it has had a funny rattle sound when going over little bumps, but hasn't affected the operation of the fork. The travel is really smooth, but there just isn't enough for my riding - Free riding. I have the medium spring in it, with max preload and it still bottoms out on me a dozen times a ride! (I weigh 160lb or 73kg) I really like the action of the fork, But I wish it had more travel. I am switching to a Marzocchi JRT.
Looses a chilli for the funny noise.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi
Matt   Cross Country Rider [Feb 23, 2000]
Strength:

very responsive, great handling, seems laterally stiffer than Rock Shox style

It was at the shop 2 times in the first 2 weeks for clunking noises.

It was at the shop twice in the first 2 weeks. When it works right, this shock is great. 80 mm of travel is enough for my 180 pound body. It rides smooth when I'm commuting on it in the streets and takes the big off road bumps too. I got one without a lockout because the bike was only $1300. A lockout cartridge will be installed when I get the money cause it is kind of bouncy on hills. Other than the noises when I first got it, this is the best shock I've ridden so far. It'd get 5 of those little turdy things, except that it wasn't set up right at the factory and I had to take it back twice so it has to get 4.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox, other Headshoks (60 and 70 mm travel)
Austin   Downhiller [Dec 28, 1999]
Strength:

Good feed back

Tends to squeak alot and bottom out on hard hits

Not a bad shock...Gotta get this squeak fixed.
Otherwise I would give it a 5

Similar Products Used: to many
COOP the pedal masher   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2005]
Strength:

SUPER plush, so very very smooth. genius design

too plush for heavy riders, no lockout

I really loved this fork for 5 years.. till the day I dropped a bearing out of it byt bottoming out really really hard. That was the end of the fork being plush and working well.

I miss riding my fork. :(

Similar Products Used: Manitou SX-e, Skareb. Rock Shox Duke, Judy.
Jared Hartman   Cross Country Rider [Nov 01, 2001]
Strength:

smooth travel, responsive to even remotely bumpy terrain, very stiff and, hence, provides great steering, looks great

not as much adjustability as an air/oil fatty

it is a great cross country fork, but it is not meant to used for freeriding. It is very plush and never bottoms out unless driven in a manner in which it was not meant to be driven. Well worth my money to upgrade from p-bone