Amp F3 Front Shock

Amp F3 Front Shock

Amp F3

[Aug 02, 2012]
paramount66

Strength:

SUPER LIGHT, SUPER STIFF, SUPER EFFICIENT, GORGEOUS! Tracks like a smart bomb! Looks like a TERMINATOR Lasts like a Titanium tooth!

Not a down hill or dirt jumping fork!

I have had this fork for more years than I remember. I have Cross countryed to commuted on this fork for years and I have never had a complaint! Rebound damper needs to be rebuilt, but still hands like a champ. This suspension fork is just like a rigid fork until it hits a bump. Then it absorbs the shock then goes back to being rigid. Steering accuracy is like a rigid fork, but lighter than some! I HAVE LOVED THIS FORK SINCE DAY ONE AND I STILL DO! I just wish that these people still made bike stuff. Fifteen years later these people stiil support and service their product, WHO ELSE CAN SAY THAT?

[Jul 14, 2012]
Jerry

Strength:

Light doesnt feel like a suspension fork until you ride a rigid fork. Great service and support. never damaged mine but have bent a set of rock shox.

No longer manufactured and I need another one for my sons Slingshot.

I have had the AMP for since 1993 and have never had a problem with it. I have had three diffrent brands and this is the only one that has never given me a problem. I am looking for a 1 inch one for my sons bike if anyone is looking to sell. Great service and support.

Rock Shox,

[Mar 29, 2010]
suteck

Strength:

Works like a ridged fork, without the teeth jarring impacts. I've had this fork for about 10 years. NEVER had a problem.

the later models are easier to rebuild. but i've done it a few times now and it's a peice of cake. Customer service is A+

buy AMP and just ride.

None. This was my first shock and I still use it. If i ever got a new one it would be an AMP

[May 19, 2003]
Dan Howler

Strength:

i flatLand

This is a great bike it is my 2 week with it and i can already do some realy Bad ass trix.It is so easy to get used to too.Really great.BUY THIS BIKE

Not realy and found...the brakes dont last forever though

This is a great bike...Worth $300

Haro F5

[Dec 28, 2003]
James

Strength:

Light and funky

It doesn't work as a shock. It's more like a rigid fork that wiggles than a suspension fork as it doesn’t soak up the small stuff and blows through the travel on larger hits. Falling rate suspension does not work on a 2 in. travel fork.

This fork needs less maintenance than a lot of other forks on the market. However, this is not a result of higher quality. It is simply that this “shock” simply performs so poorly initially, that it’s hard to notice when it stops working properly.

None like this, thank God. I've owned a few of the old RS-1s, 1 quadra, 1 judy, 1 Duke, and 1 Marzocchi.

[Aug 16, 2006]
Art Fisher

Strength:

Light weight, quality manufacturing. Any decent mechanic could work on this fork for minor repairs.

Limited adjustability of suspension, user has to change springs to adjust compression.

I've ridden my AMP F-3 XC solidly since 1996. Have sent the fork back for rebuild (new bushings, rebuilt oil dampers) three times. Was riding 4+ times per week, 3 hours per day (on rocky terrain) for 4 years, slowed down to 3 times per week in 2001. After 10 years, I would not consider giving up my AMP F-3 fork. I've looked at Zokes, Rock Shox, Fox, etc. Each have great products, but nothing that compares, in my mind, to the value and the predictability of the AMP. (NOTE: my current ride replaced an earlier bike equipped with a Rock Shox Mag air/oil fork).

I have nothing but praise for AMP as a company. AMP has remarkable customer service, when the fork went back for rebuild, it was returned within 7 calendar days. Once when I'd gotten the fork back, the Techs at AMP had cleaned the fork and replaced all of my stickers, it didn't even look like the same fork.

Under the conditions I ride (XC with bumpy/rocky downhills/technical trails), the AMP fork responds fine. Longer travel would be OK, but you learn to ride a better line when you don't have the benefits of longer travel in your fork. Most riders who complain of limited travel need to learn better riding techniques in order to pick the better line.

I broken the main spring once, AMP sends new springs free of charge. A new spring takes about 15 hours of riding to break in (not bad). Springs are made by Eibach, a solid manufacturing company.

Like all machines with moving parts, dust and dirt are enemy to bushings and bearings. This fork is no different. With a little attention to cleanliness, the oil damper and the bushings will give you years of trouble free operation. The key to longevity is getting the right recoil spring for your weight.

I paid full price for the fork when I bought it (new). I would still pay full price today. At 2.4 lbs and responsive customer service, I give the fork and the company high marks.

Most products out there today are pretty good. This product ranks right up there with the rest.

Test rode a Girvin shock

[Sep 22, 2001]
Jeff

Strength:

Lightweight, stiffness, easy maintenance, strength

2.25" travel, adjustability

Good fork, if a bit hard to adjust. Once dialed in, it just keeps going and going, with no maintenance. I'm 225lbs and ride hard, but don't beat my equipment , and this fork has held up really well. Not sure what all the gripes are about. It is starting to show its age, though...

It works, why bother

[Jul 09, 2001]
Ray Garcia

Strength:

Cool looking design, super light weight compared to any other shock in the market

Not too much travel

This is an great shock I've purchase two in my time. Broke one but sent it to AMP and they totally rebuilt it. Only issues I'm having is the travel on the bike. I've heard some "serious bull_$H!+" about this shock beign a piece of $H!+, but the only people that tell me that are a bunch of 400lbs'ers that'll break anything. If your considering this shock take it from me it's worth it. Pops your wheels over some of those killer roots and rocks. Make sure you ride with your hands lose on the grips don't grip hard.

SID's, Judy XC, cannondale head shock(not worth it)

[Jun 25, 2001]
n

Strength:

Light, looks good, rare

linited travel

The fork was good for the time when the bike was purchased but comes up "short" compared to almost any modern fork. I am only getting about an inct to an inch and a half of travel with this fork.

rigid fork, 2001 SID SL

[Jun 25, 2001]
n

Strength:

Light, looks good, rare

linited travel