Moonlighter Ti XC Brake Booster Brake Booster

Ti XC Brake Booster

Moonlighter Ti XC Brake Booster

gwat / ~graeme~   Racer [Jul 21, 1999]
Strength:

Super stiff, looks cool.

Weakness - ya, right!

I got a set of Dave's boosters. They're designed for v-brakes but some v-brake boosters (like Dave's) are compatible with Maguras - as long as you don't use a quick release. I don't have a quick release for my rear brake, so I installed the Ti booster on there. My brake felt totally differernt - just like a disc brake. There was absolutely no flex. I love them!Oh yeah, check out the Moonlighter website.I can't wait till Dave starts making the Magura-specific boosters.

Similar Products Used: Magura carbon boosters
JOE THIEL   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 18, 1999]
Strength:

STRONG
WELL MADE
LOOKS GREAT ON BIKE

NONE

SINCE I STARTED USING THIS BOOSTER MY BRAKING HAS IMPROVED 100%. ANYONE CONSIDERING TO BUY A BOOSTER SHOULD LOOK NO FURTHER. WITH OPTINAL INGRAVING AT NO EXTRA COST , IT MAKES THIS A STEAL. BY NOW BEFORE DAVE WISE'S UP AND RAISES THE PRICE.

gwat / ~graeme~   Racer [Aug 02, 1999]

Whoops....I forgot the website address in my review below. Check out the Moonlighter website at http://moonlighter.hypermart.net

Greg Dorfmeier   [Jan 06, 2001]

Appears this product no longer being manufactured. E-mails
not answered, and I wrote to one reviewer who has contact
with the owner. Said he is no longer making the booster.
Too bad.

Nick   Cross Country Rider [Nov 30, 2000]
Strength:

Brakes feel tighter, less spongy (I have a Noleen fork, that had a bit of brake flex, this baby took care of it right away!).

Can't get them anymore, he doesn't make them.

Sweet product...lightweight, and stiff as hell. Grab one side in each hand and pull, you can't bend this bad boy.

Similar Products Used: Nashbar Carbon booster (friends bike).
Cris   [Oct 06, 2000]
Strength:

The Moonlighters can be ordered at the web site listed in one of the reviews below: "Go to http://moonlighter.hypermart.net and order!" I was at first reluctant to send money sight unseen, but all turned out fine. Moonlighter is an honest operation and the turnaround was very quick. Perhaps MTBR can add his website to the product listing?

I'm just copying the web site from the review below; people seem to have a hard time figuring out how to order.

Cris   Weekend Warrior [Apr 22, 2000]
Strength:

Very functional, very light, very cool-looking boosters.

None.

I would highly recommend these boosters over any others out there. I wasn't happy with the stock brakes on my Rockhopper and so switched to the Arch Rival 40's -big improvement. But the better brakes caused visible flex. I was surprised at the improved power the boosters added. Now I can rip the downhills - no fear. I commute (16 miles) and mountain bike cross country and have tested both road and off-road downhills. Dave has a great product - plus the best-looking boosters out there. Don't be afraid to buy on-line - you can't do better.

Similar Products Used: I haven't used others, but shopped around and didn't see any as light or attractive.
head   Cross Country Rider [Apr 06, 2000]
Strength:

stiff, light, beautiful, custom engraving

they kick a$$! very stiff. i had no idea how good my brakes could feel until i put these babys on. the difference in braking after installing these puppies was even more substantial than the difference i felt when i changed from cantis to maggies. i am completely satisfied with these. plus dave is a really cool guy and did a great job with the engraving. the personal touch alone makes these bad boys better than any other product on the market, it just helps matters that their performance is top!

Similar Products Used: none
ryan mcdonell   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2000]
Strength:

This booster can be used as a stiffener to a fork, even if you use hayes brakes. I have a flylight 100 with hayes and I use a moonlighter for added stiffness.

I had shimano carbon, it is junk compared to moonlighter!

Hitman   Racer [Mar 10, 2000]
Strength:

It works great! Light, stiff, and good looking. Easy to install. Cost less than most.

None.

If you are going to buy a brake booster then buy this one. It has totally eliminated my frame flex and now my rear brake is actually useful. Doesn't come in pretty colors but I could care less. Ti is beautiful when naked.
Go to http://moonlighter.hypermart.net and order!

Similar Products Used: None.