VooDoo Erzulie 1997 model Bike 1998 or Older

Erzulie 1997 model

Erzulie 1997 model

bigm   Weekend Warrior [May 30, 2001]
Strength:

light steel frame, perfect overall package for a weekend warrior.

none found

i purchased a new 1998 voodoo arzulie in spring 2001 for only 425. this bike is much ligher and better quality than the aluminum bikes in the sub 500 price range. i love the feel of the steel frame and the derailers shift much smoother than everything else tried. always search your dealers "back room" before purchasing, you never know what you will find!!!wish i had more chilis to give so i'll settle with 5. happy trails

Similar Products Used: fisher marlin, trek 4000 series, schwinn mesa disk,gt and specialized in same price range.
Alex G.   Cross Country Rider [Jun 13, 2000]
Strength:

Frame,most components

RockShock Jett C

Picked this puppy up at a pawn shop in Austin for $150! Seems they had it confused with a MURRAY bicycle(it was the closest thing in their blue book...yuk,yuk!) After puttting on Risers, a new seat, XT derailleurs etc..I took her out for a spin only to find out how badly the Jett fork sucked. How R.S. can put out such an inferior product is beyond me. I guess if you where a 90 lb. pre-teen girl and just rode to the store and back you'd do OK. After several rides here and there, realized the shock had to go. TA-DA and on came the Bomber...its rides like a totally different bike now. I guess the best thing about the frame is the 18.5" geometry KICKS! It just feels perfect. Not too long or short. The bike came with x238's and they're holding up very well. Just put on some Avid 20's on too, and for the money I've spent on Erzulie she feels better than a Fisher Excaliber that I test rode for 30 minutes at the bike trails.She was my beater, now she's oh so much sweeter. Had to take off one napalm nugget for the SH#*TY fork. Shame on you ROCK SHOCKS!!

Similar Products Used: I've had a few bikes in my time....
Leo Shotridge   cross-country rider [Dec 04, 1998]

I've owned my Voodoo for about a month. It seems to get better, the more I ride it. It is nimble, softer riding than stiff aluminum frames since it is made of steel, and stable on fast descents. It may be an inexpensive frame, but the design geometry is the same as Voodoo's upper models. Geometry is by Joe Murrey, the same man that designed the Kona geometry on my wife's Cindercone and the only reason I gave the Voodoo a look at. A friend of mine has a Fisher Mt. Tam ($1700), he tried the Erzulie over Thanks Giving weekend; he loved it and is looking at an aluminum Voodoo. I'd have no problem buying an uppper model after this frame gives out, if I could get away with paying the extra price increase with the company. The frame has a life time warrenty. Try getting a carbon frame with that kinda warrenty. I thought about giving this bike three chillie's only compared to the quality of components that it came with, but they are sufficient and the wheels worked great. But then I upgraded most of the Shimano STX stuff with my XT stuff from my other bike and left some of the Lx stuff still on, Rock Shok seat post, flite saddle, and can you say 'Suntour Micro Drive Crankset'? The Suntour Crankset have outlasted any Cranksetet I've owned. They are lite, cold forged, strong, and still better than most gimicky and expensive after market Crankset. Too bad the Suntour Mtn. Bike derrailleur system sucked though, the Crankset, headset, bottem braket and seat post were the star of the Mtn. parts group. After the switching of parts, the bike Kicked !%@%$^!@%!$%!%!@#$#$ and deserves 4 hot ones. I can't give five because that is set aside for the Reynolds 853 version.