Sun Revolt Bike 1998 or Older

Revolt

Revolt

Fab-ulous   Racer [Oct 12, 2008]
Strength:

Freakishly light for steel, climbs well and takes a beating!

Sunn stopped making them! Skittish at really high speed descents...I mean really high speed descents....

I picked up the frame on a whim. I was riding out of town and busted my seat just before I got on the trail so I had to stop in at a nearby bike shop. I saw the frame hanging from the ceiling without a price tag and asked the guy how much. He had no idea what if was worth and said the previous shop owner had bought it with the intention of building it up. So for 300 bucks (including a new seat) it was mine. For a ten year old frame, no disks and built with a frankestein set up of parts This thing kicks serious ass. Its old, archaic and often laughed at but its the fastest cross-country bike I've ever had. It weighs a scant 24 pounds without super high end parts. It gets mistaken for a ti frame because of its weight and ride quality. I'm seriously considering tyring to get some disk tabs welded on the frame...I don't want to give it up...I'm completely hooked

Similar Products Used: Kona Munimula, 18inch unit, khs Alite 4000 team edition, rocky mountain Slayer...
cens buchano   Cross Country Rider [May 16, 2003]
Strength:

it's steel and it's real, but best of all is the feel.
mmmm sexy.

no use if you are a fat bas****!

you can get lighter but this is one resiliant hard tail climber that loves to be chucked, you know what they say about breaking up...

Similar Products Used: kona cindercone,explosif(bigger spread)
Bill   Cross Country Rider [Apr 24, 2000]
Strength:

Great spec of solid components, light Cro Mo frame, Feels great for sprinting, and climbing.

soft tail doesn't do much, upgraded tires, and seat.
Can't get any more SUNN's :(

This bike scoots. Feels much better then my old Stump J.
got it from sportsinlink for $699, and kept the stock fork. only complaint is the 55mm travel on the fork, and soft tail doesn't do much. The fork is fairly stiff, and has good travel, so I'll keepit till it dies. My 95 stump jumper which has been upgraded with Super Fly, V brakes, and ti BB, weights about 2 lbs less, but... I LOVE THE SUNN! the Stumpy is gathering dust!

Long live cro mo, to bad SUNN isn't around any more.

Similar Products Used: Stump Jumper, Santa Cruz SL, Giant Cadex, DB Apex
Pete Field   Cross Country Rider [Feb 12, 2000]
Strength:

I got the Revolt GP (soft-tail) I don't know if I notice the difference of the softail design at all, but it was the same price as the hardtail so....
The bike is decently stiff for a steel frame, much better than my 853 bike. Also very light. The Brubz hubs are very smooth and fast rolling. The angles on the bike are quite steep, and the whole thing just rips.
This bike is super light all around. I have got a three year old Manitou SX fork on it (came with a Judy which sucked!) and the total package (standard build kit with Frog Pedals) weighs just under 23 lbs.

It can get quite sketchy in technical terrain, due to the
steep angles, and I actually hated it when I first got the bike, but I did get to grow accustomed to the geometry and now I love it!

I got the bike for $699 us from Airbomb, and at that price this bike is an awesome deal

Similar Products Used: Kona Hot (853), Sling Shot, Brodie Unibomber
Jecke   cross-country rider [Aug 31, 1998]

This is the fastest bike i have ever riden. and i´ve been ridden alot of different bikes. When i bought this bike i started with upgrading the front steel fork to a Manitou SXTi, and I changed the Pythons to Bontrager SS instead.
This bike is god att anything but real downhill where the steel frame isn´t rigid enough to be stabel in higher speed (over 50km/h). othervise this is a real xc-bike for the xc-rider. If you don´t belive me check out the World-cup in XC, the results doesn´t lie.

John   Racer [Jul 13, 2006]
Strength:

Fastest Frame I have ever ridden, just bought a trek 8900 and I miss my Sunn. Have now converted it to Pace RC31 fork and use it for training on the road, this bike destroys the little roadies on the climbs.

Cant seem to find a replacement ETA for the soft tail.

Super stiff steel bike, an engineering marvel for its day and still ripping it with the oclv s etc. Bought it 7 years ago and have never looked back. Have really chucked it about over the last 7 years thus why it has been relegated to the roads as I am now a little paranoid about loosing her.

And on the upside Sunn are back!! as of 2006 check out this link: www.sunn.fr